What's new

Four Namco Titles for Xbox, Including Soul Calibur 2 and Ridge Racer! (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Why does Morgan hate cross-platform games today?
It must just kill him that Soul Calibur 2 will not be a GC Exclusive title.
wink.gif

Everyone seems to be hoping that Tekken 4 will be the mystery title, and if that is the case then it will go a long way to help the X-box get it's legs.
Personally, I'm hoping that it will be 'Xenosaga'
[Edited last by Sean Oneil on August 22, 2001 at 02:43 AM]

Gary King

Second Unit
I'm with Sean on this one...
Personally, I think DoA3, Soul Calibur 2, and Project K-X give the Xbox more then enough legs for fighting games. Hell, if Project K-X manages to be a worthy sequel to Tobal 2, there won't be a fighting game released this generation that tops it (Namco, Tecmo, Square, nor Capcom have managed to top Tobal 2).
I'm hoping the mystery title is a Director's Cut of Xenosaga (a Director's Cut, since Microsoft isn't allowing direct ports, or just ports with enhanced graphics).

paul h

Supporting Actor
With game development costs heading skyward it's releasing games cross platform that will help developers recoup the money and hey, might even make a profit!
So because a franchise started on the Playstation then it should stay there??? how is that good business strategy, surely a company wants as many people as possible to buy and play their game. Of course Namco will release Tekken4 on the PS2 but by releasing it on the GC and XBox they open up a considerably larger potential customer base. A million seller on the PS2 or a multi-million seller across all formats, hmmmmm...tough one :)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Yup' Personally, I think that the fighting games being released will be more than enough -It's just that most of the world loves Tekken so much, and it's release would get the X-Box some serious attention from the Pro-Sony crowd.
A Directors Cut of Xenosaga would really be great. We can only hope that there are those at Namco who share our interest. I do see it as a posibility though. Perhaps the reason that most of the original 'Xenogears' creative staff left Squaresoft and created this sequel was so they could bring it to multiple platforms. Maybe Namco have something in the works for us RPG fans. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think Xenosaga was already announced for the X-Box. I don't think the X-Box has that great of a fighting game list, considering the PS2 will probably get the Capcom fighting games (which are the best) and will probably end up with a port of DoA3.
I have nothing wrong with cross-platform games, I just don't like it when one version has something more than just better graphics. If they are going to make the game on all platforms then the game should be a direct port on all platforms, with a director's cut coming out on one. When they made Dead or Alive 2 HARDCORE it was way better than DoA2 for DC. The fact that there was so much added to it made it worth the purchase. If they did a direct port, then I wouldn't have bought it because I already owned it. If they start making 3 different versions of games for each platform, people will have to buy all 3 versions. I don't like that. I think they should make one version, port that to other consoles, and then maybe make a director's cut on the "best" console. This way, you would buy the game and a director's cut, instead of the game, then the enhanced port, then the director's cut. An example of this is Rayman 2. The PC version was good, the DC version was better, and the PS2 version was even better. Nobody is going to buy 3 versions of the same game, but that would be the only way for them to get all the enhancements and such.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Akira,
I forgot to ask - where did you find that link? Yesterday when I went to xbox.ign.com the link to that article didn't appear on the main page until later in the evening. It was pretty nifty to read it before it was even on the main page. :)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

I forgot to ask - where did you find that link? Yesterday when I went to xbox.ign.com the link to that article didn't appear on the main page until later in the evening. It was pretty nifty to read it before it was even on the main page.
Huh? I found the link at another videogame message board. But when I visited the main page right after I found the link, the article was posted on the main page. Are you sure it wasn't on the main page when you visited? Or maybe I should ask myself the same question. I'm not 100% that it was posted because I only scanned the site for a few seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks