1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Four Kings

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by RyanAn, Jan 4, 2006.

1. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

On Thursday, the 5th NBC premiers Four Kings as one of the centerpieces of it's Thursday 2 hour comedy block. It stars Seth Green and seems like it could be something - a buddy comedy could really make waves.

Ryan

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

The reviews have been generally dreadful, but I like Seth Green so much that I'm gonna give it a shot (my expectations have been set to low). Here's hoping it doesn't turn out to be the male version of Hot Properties.

3. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Looks like nothing special...which means it will probably be the next "must-see tv" ratings hog.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Anyone find it funny they made the guy from Committed into the "hot" guy on the show (going by the ads)?

5. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

The commercials were good enuff for me to give it a TiVo trial run.

6. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I thought that guy looked sort of familar, thanks Patrick. Did anyone else watch Commited? At least the stars are still working. [​IMG]

The previews really make this out to be a great show, it could be hype - but I hope not!

Ryan

7. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    In the San Francisco Chronicle yesterday the little man was asleep which is not a good thing:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000

Here's a quote.
    "Four Kings" is the kind of comedy designed for young boys or those in their 20s who suffer the kind of mental retardation that spurs sales of Maxim.

8. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    I thought it was your typical "run of the mill" buddy comedy. Nothing special, but not horrible. Very predictable, mediocre writing. Definitely not worth a Season Pass, but I might tune in every now and again if I'm a little early for Earl.

9. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Immature is definitely a word I would use to describe this sitcom. It wasn't as bad as the reviews made it sound (I laughed a couple of times), but it wasn't anything I'm in a hurry to see again. Can anyone picture a reason Barry would be with Sharon the She-Beast? 'Harridan' doesn't come close, neither does 'Total Psycho Bitch'. The whole thing seemed at once forced and brainless... they even had to mention the show title in the last 30 seconds of the ep! What kind of lazy writer does that anymore?

I'm gay, about to be thirty-something and I read Maxim. Mostly for the most bizarre crap they manage to print (not to mention they hand out free multi-year subscriptions like a Pez dispenser). I think one of this month's articles was on bacteria... did you know we elminate (polite euphemism of the month) our body weight in bacteria each year?

Or did I read that in Stuff?

Hmm....

10. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

The pilot episode seemed like a pilot episode. It was so loaded with one liners that the episode seemed to be in a rush to fit them all in. As a result, the characters were not distinct characters to me. They were merely joke machines and stereotypes.

I am interested to see how this sitcom is when it's in mid season form.

11. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

It played like a bad version of "How I Met Your Mother" imo... The flashback sequence, the banter, etc. But it lacked the effortlessness communicated in that show... I think the three guys/three girls ensemble just works better than all guys.