What's new

Found Two Boxed JBL SVA1800's and I'm impressed. (1 Viewer)

mielnik_s

Auditioning
Believe it or not I found two JBL SVA1800's at a dealer. These are beautiful speakers from the late 1990's. The best thing was that they were boxed and cost 480 for the pair. Would you considered the JBL SVA series as an outdated, obsolete product or a collector's item? Now I need a 2-way amp to run them. My H/K DPR1001 is not giving them the pump I need. I was looking into getting a pair of Outlaw 200 monoblocks to juice them up. Any suggestions?

Forgot to add: Need amp no more than $600.
Reference SVA1800:

Recommended Power Amplifier Range: 250 watts
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Woofer: TWO (2) - 8" cast frame aquaplas coated
Tweeter: 1" soft dome with Bi-Radial horn
Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20kHz
Crossover Frequency(ies): 1.6kHz
Sensitivity: 92dB (1 watt/1 meter)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Hey, I have a pair of SVA1500's I got at a pawn shop for $300. 9/10 cosmetic, and 10/10 mechanical.

I am in the process of buying a HT4V center (DO THEY MATCH!!!!!!!??????? - please tell me!) for them.

The little buggers need a lot of power, and are more than willing to take it. I have a cheap Sony receiver, and it is not powerful enought during stereo listening, and drop it into surround sound (all channels driven), and it craps out.

I think these guys would want 150 REAL watts at their use at the least.

mielnik_s

Auditioning
I am using a JBL ec35 center, 2 sva1800's, 2 N28ii''s, 2 e30's, and a dayton 10" for a 7.1 setup. I still think the setup needs calibration and I'm never convinced the EZsetup option on the DPR1001 gives me the best calibration for my room. It sounds great for movies, but I feel for stereo listening there's something missing.

Isn't the HT4V a bookshelf speaker? For the cost of the HT4V's I would recommend you upgrade the receiver. Does the Sony have preamps?

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
mielnik_s:

Yes, they are bookshelf speakers. I want to sell them (maybe) and get some bigger Klipsch's (I am connected and get REALLY good deals)

My receiver will be changed after I get new speakers. I want the new Denon 2805 (it should be out soon)

mielnik_s

Auditioning
I'm pretty much all set up now. The only thing I'm waiting for is the SACD vs DVD-A debate. Who'll be the winner? Reminds me of Beta/VHS days...

SM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks