Found Can't Stop the Music early!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Leopold, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

Although I should be embarrassed to admit that I bought it. Oddly enough, I found it at a used store, so somebody obviously found it even earlier than I did, then did the smart thing and got rid of it. I'll be watching it later, and will chime back in with my opinions of this cinematic masterpiece.

2. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

While I couldn't actually make it through the movie last night, I did watch some of it. The disc itself looks and sounds great--which is a difficult statement to make about this movie. I skipped through the chapters, watching a little of each, just to make sure the DVD was okay (something I always do with used DVD's), and didn't have any problems, other than the suffering that goes along with watching the movie. Actually, I think it could have been a much more watchable movie if they'd have chosen someone who had at least a little bit of a clue when it came to directing. I've seen high school productions that were directed better. I can't given an honest, overall rating to the movie since I didn't watch it all the way through, but I'll be nice now and give it a D-, pending a complete watching. I'd give the picture and sound an A. I was watching this on my PS2, and I don't have any additional speakers other than those in my TV (no home theater set up yet, in other words), so take my sound rating for what it's worth. I was a little disappointed in the extras. The trailer was a nice addition, possibly more enjoyable, or at least less painful than the film, and it looked great for a 22 year old trailer. The biographical story behind the movie was nothing special--the E! True Hollywood Story was much more informative. I haven't checked out the stills galery yet. The biggest problem I have with the disc is that it has no subtitles. I'd give the extras a C-. While my overall grade may not be that great, I'm still glad I picked this up. It should be good for a laugh when you add a few friends and beer into the equation. Actually, I know there are quite a few people who are really looking forward to this. If you don't mind the lacking extras, you'll be pleased with your purchase. To be honest, I think it looks and sounds better than it did when I first saw it on cable about ten years ago.