What's new

found a used Lexicon DC-1 (1 Viewer)

I found a used Lexicon DC-1 selling for $595, this seems like a really good deal. On the faceplate there are two emblems that appear to be glued on that say "DTS" and "Dolby Digital."

I'm wondering if this was an older unit that had been sent back to Lexicon and upgraded with these features and Lexicon attaches these emblems. Is that likely?

I'm assuming Lexicon's Logic 7 would be in this unit as well. Anyways, what do you think of this deal?

Thanks

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Well definetly check it out but if it has Logic 7 and it's legit, then Hell Yeah, jump on it. Lexicon is my dream processor.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Get the serial number and call lexicon. If the upgrades were done they'll know about it. Also depending on which firmware it has installed it might be pretty expensive to upgrade vs simply buying one that is already at 4.0 or another compareable pre amp.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
If it is a v4.0 unit, then it is a steal. However, if you have to upgrade, it might cost as much as the processor alone for the 4.0 upgrade.

Drew Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
The upgrade to 4.0 from older software (this may get you 40/80/120 instead of 40/80/100 or fixed 80Hz cross-over frequencies, and better logic-7 processing) is $300.

AC-3 to DTS 4.0 is $500.

Both may require a ~$80 chip replacement at Lexicon.

THX->DTS is a $1500 upgrade.

The base->THX option was an extra $1000 on top of that; no idea if this still holds.

It has the Version 2.0 DTS upgrade on it. Did the versoin 4.0 upgrade do anything to the Logic 7? Is this still a decent deal on $595?

Thanks

Philip Brandes

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,

The changes from v2.0 were many and significant (including improvements to all surround modes and a redesigned remote. Even with an additional $300 v4 upgrade, this is a very good price.

Cheers,
Philip Brandes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks