Found A Ferret in the Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelley_B, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I was leaving my apartment and saw running through the parking lot a little ferret, so i went after it to see if it had a tag, and no tag but it did have a harness on. So we drove around trying to see if anyone was looking for it and no luck on finding the owner, so I made signs and put up around the complex, but if the owner was looking for it, I would hope they would have found my signs by now and called. It is causing my weiner dogs to freak out and me and my fiance have no idea as what to do with it if the owner never shows.

Well does anyone here own ferrets and if so do you have any advice? We know its a male, and its very cute and very sweet.

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    You can always try to post something on the internet in a local forum to your town. Or you could try to find a pet store in your area (assuming ferrets are legally sold there) and donate it to them... Or even find if there's a local ferret club or something like that and they might be able to help ya or even take it off your hands..

Good luck, hope you find the owner!

Jay

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Well I'm glad to say that this story has a happy ending, apparently the owners work at dinning establishments and don't get off until late and when they came home last night saw the sign that I put up by the mailbox and called me around 2:30AM, they properly described the ferret and no sooner than me hanging up the phone they came and got it. They were ESTATIC to know that someone had recued their little Frodo(as that is what its name was). I felt good handing it over to them as anyone who names their pet after a Lord of the Rings character can't be all bad.

4. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Good job!!!

How did you like the ferret's "odor"? Some people really find it offensive, but it doesn't bother me too much.

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

It didn't bother me at all. I believe this one had been "descented". The thing that worried me the most about having it in my house was that it would chew on some of my wires, which it didn't it just ran around and played with my two weiner dogs.

6. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Just about all of them are descented (scent glands surgically removed) soon after birth, while they are still at the "ferret farm". But they still have a residual "skunky odor" if you get close enough. Cute though. I like'em.

7. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

I used to have two ferrets, Niko and Ash, which I had to give away to friends when I moved. Wonderful little critters - I originally got them with a friend because our apartment couldn't have cats, but caged critters were okay. Would love to get a ferret or two again in the future, too.

8. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Glad to hear the owner's saw your signs. Ferret owners seem to be very dedicated to their animals; I would have been surprised if this was an abandoned animal.

9. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

It was really cute to see the ferret bite my girl weiner's ear flaps, and then get pulled by her across the living room.

Weiners are great dogs, you just have to work with them, they can be very hard to train. They are cute but they come with a lot of things you have to be careful about, like their backs.

10. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Damn ferrets. Everywhere you go now they're taking parking spaces. There oughta be a law!