"Forum Rocker" Home Theater Chair?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Erich_Weidner, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Erich_Weidner

Does anyone have any experience with this chair?

http://www.htmarket.com/forumrocker.html

I'm looking for one or two rows of three seats (haven't yet decided if we'll use a couch for the first "row"). The price looks pretty good on these units, 3 for $1047, free shipping.

I also see an item called "Contour Rocker" which is a bit more expensive, though it has a taller back. I'm curious as to how comfortable these are, quality, folks experiences.

I'm a bit leery of ordering them blind, but I know of nowhere in the Austin TX area to see such things (hard enough just finding it on google). [​IMG]

Anyone have suggestions for anything similar in this category?

2. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Those prices look really really high for such a plain chair. You could get a row of leather berkline recliners for around the same price.

3. rob-h

rob-h Second Unit

A row of Berkline leather recliners for $1047???? Not that I have ever seen.

4. Erich_Weidner

I'm fairly space constrained on my seating, so was looking for comfortable "theater style" seating. Price is a concern.

I've not found anything (new) of this sort for less than $299.

Anyone have a better source?

The best prices I've found to date are at: htmarket.com and stargatecinema.com. However prices seem to center at ~$400/ea. (Range is $280-$580/ea.)

5. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

6. Erich_Weidner

I've been a bit disenchanted with ebay of late. But I had poked around previously. The prices were no better than what I've been finding online (not surprising, given that most of the ebay listings were just online merchants. [​IMG]

Thanks for the tips though. These items looked a little too big. I have a pretty small room.

7. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Erich:

That seems to be about the price I have seen on these and they look to be of high quality. With your seating area I think they would be a good choice. The only other thing to look out for is someone that has taken some chairs out of an existing theater that they are remodeling and putting them up for sale. This used to show up a lot in the past but I haven't seen many of them listed anymore.

Parker

8. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Don't forget to check out Costco for some good deals on some leather chairs.

I'm looking at this chair, on sale for $350 Canadian.

[​IMG]

Maybe not the best, but the price is right and for a low use back row they are fine.

Brent