What's new

Forum registration - feedback (1 Viewer)

Guardyan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mattie
To the mods,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I had a hard time creating an account. Here's the reason: there was a horizontal bar showing an ad at the bottom of the page and even when scrolling down the page, I still could not click on 'Join' button because the ad bar would be over it even with the browser window maximized. I had to play around with the browser specs in order to be able to click on the button. I understand you need ads and I support that but I wonder how many new users you might have lost because of that type of problem. Have your tech team take a look at it. Thanks!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
These changing boxed ads at the bottom of the pages are really annoying.
There was a close ad X at the top right of the ads before, but it's not always there now.

The ads also cover the 'go back to the top of the page' arrow. And what happened to the old 'go to bottom of the page' arrow?

Screenshot 2021-03-04 093227.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-04 093113.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-04 092945.jpg

Guardyan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mattie
I'm trying to figure out what you saw here. We don't show any ads on our registration pages - so this is quite odd.

Are you able to do me a favor and visit https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/register/ in an incognito/private browser tab? If you see the ad, can you take a screenshot?
Hey! Take a look at reply #5 by Bob Gudera. He was able to post screenshots and they illustrate the problem clearly.

If you wanna replicate it on your end, sign out, clear your cache and go to https://www.hometheaterforum.com/ - Then click on Register at the right top corner and you will see the ad covering the JOIN NOW buttons.

When you go straight to https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/register/ the ad just doesn't show but most people will just click Register at the top instead of using that URL, I'd believe.

These changing boxed ads at the bottom of the pages are really annoying.
There was a close ad X at the top right of the ads before, but it's not always there now.

The ads also cover the 'go back to the top of the page' arrow. And what happened to the old 'go to bottom of the page' arrow?

View attachment 91264

View attachment 91265

View attachment 91266
Thanks for the screenshots, Bob!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
This appears to be a bug . I've implemented a fix - if you guys don't mind testing again for me.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Yesterday, on my HP laptop. The ads appeared in Microsoft Edge. After logging in the ads were still there. On the HP laptop using Firefox, I did not see any ads at the bottom of the pages at all.

Yesterday on my Dell Desk Top. The ads were there in both Microsoft Edge and Firefox. After logging in the ads were still there.

Today at 11:30 A.M. Eastern. The ads are there, as above, but go away after logging in. So that's progress.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks