Forum question - What's the difference between

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rod Melotte, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte Stunt Coordinator

Software and movies. I look at the threads and am confused. Most are talking about movies.

2. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

Rod,
    While there will always be some overlap...Software is for discussing DVDs and of course the films on them.
    Movies is for discussing (arguing?) the actual film storyline, technical merits, meaning, ending, you name it!
    Also, discussion of an older film or a film that may not be on DVD yet is found in movies. Unless you're asking when that movie will be released on DVD, in which case it's good to post in software.
    Confused yet? [​IMG]

3. Jon_W

Jon_W Stunt Coordinator

The software forum is meant to discuss the actual DVD's (i.e the video presentation, audio, extras), whereas the movie forum is designed to talk about the actual films, their merits and why people like them or dilike them.

4. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Hey...now I'm confused!
    Seriously, just break it down to: If you want to talk about a DVD-go to Software. If you want to talk about a film, go to Movies.
    Bruce

5. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

Well there seems to be much confusion over the thin lines seperating the software forums from many others recently. Personally, I have notice the large number of polls that have seemed to infect the software forum.

But as an answer to your question, Bruce has it as simple as it can be. Basically the software forum is for discussing the software itself. If the talk skews to the movie itself, you can bet the thread will be moved there. If a thread is asking what you watched this weekend and all you do is list off some titles, that thread will soon be in the polls seciton.

I think you tend to see more overlap because the mods aren't hovering at every moment and some members seem to be quite confused about where to put their threads.

-Chad

6. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Per the forum descriptions:

Software:

7. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

While the lines between the Software and Movies forums sometimes blur, one thing is quite clear: This thread doesn't belong in either area. I'm moving it to HTF Help and Feedback, which is where questions like this should be raised.
    On the distinction between Software and Movies, I refer everyone to the description of the Software forum on the main HTF page; all of these descriptions were recently revised (thank you, Jack Briggs!) in an effort to provide better guidelines on the purpose of each forum: