What's new

Forum members in Alberta and BC: TELUS IP TV is coming: (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Soon HTF members in British Columbia and Alberta, Canada will have another option to receive their favorite TV stations.
Telus employee soft launch is scheduled for the end of November, with full rollout being possibly in Q2 or Q3 next year.
With my current position, I might be able to leverage myself onto one of the IPTV projects. If so, I want to see this done right. I intend to use this forum as a resource.
I can provide information as it comes to me, but what I want to know from the forum members is what they would like to see from the service. Please provide info to back up, or give links, or examples to your suggestions as, admittedly, I don't visit the TV hardware forum that much up til now, but that will change.
As of now I'm not able to provide that much information as apparently CRTC regulations for tv channels are quite strict, there's a lot of things we just don't know yet, but as it initially sounds, channels and channel packages will be more flexible than current options available to us tv viewers.
I'm excited. ;) I applied to be part of the employee test period, however there's a lot of resistance on my line so it might not happen right away. I will of course let you all know how that goes.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Excellent news! Nothing like a little competition for Shaw & Co. I lost all respect for that company in 1995 when they added those stations and negative billed everyone. It should be interesting.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Well, I hope Telus is cheaper than Shaw Cable. Getting the full analog cable package is damn expensive. $45 a month just to watch the 4 channels I really like? Get real.

I cancelled my cable subscription, just keeping the high-speed internet. I go to a friend's place if I really want to catch a show.

I'd consider Telus if I can pick and choose the channels I want. None of this "you must get this tier and this other tier if you want that channel" crap. I'd also want DD5.1, HDTV programming, and PVR capability. Is that beyond Telus' mandate?

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Here is My Suggestion:

Currently the only thing holding me back from going to Digital Cable is the fact that 90% of the channels I watch are still analog whether you have DCable or not. Which means a large amount are still not even available in STEREO sound.

So for me to buy a Dcable box(I have shaw internet too) I would still be paying more money for channels I really dont watch that much when the channels I watch most often are still ANALOG and in some cases MONO.

Just in the last few days I finally receive Sports Net Pacific in stereo!(After 2 years of bitching to shaw) Sure makes a difference watching hockey games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks