What's new

Fort Ti in 3D (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Westerns and the like don't sell well enough, according to multiple sources.
Kino seems to keep announcing Westerns for release. They must do OK for them. This was today's announcement:

1602870423082.png

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Like Wings of the Hawk, this title may have been in the queue for a while and so Kino may have been committed to getting it out. In any case, Kino itself has expressed at least some dissatisfaction with the sales performance of its 3D westerns, most recently Taza, and if you look at the sales trends on bluray.com (which can sort of serve as a microcosmic proxy for broader trends) you'll see that westerns largely underperform other genres in 3D blu ray sales.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Like Wings of the Hawk, this title may have been in the queue for a while and so Kino may have been committed to getting it out. In any case, Kino itself has expressed at least some dissatisfaction with the sales performance of its 3D westerns, most recently Taza, and if you look at the sales trends on bluray.com (which can sort of serve as a microcosmic proxy for broader trends) you'll see that westerns largely underperform other genres in 3D blu ray sales.
Agreed, but it's kind of odd that Kino's next 3D release is yet another western. Maybe the only 3D titles they have are westerns?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Agreed, but it's kind of odd that Kino's next 3D release is yet another western. Maybe the only 3D titles they have are westerns?

Yes, I think that's true and the reason why they want to see how the sales are for Taza and Wings before releasing more 3D western titles.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Anyone know which version would have the better picture quality, the French or the Spanish copy?
ti1.jpg
ti2.jpg

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
We all love 3D here, some more than others, but we pretty much all root for its success I believe.

Then there's reality. I prefer to live in a reality-based universe. And in no reality-based universe will there be a 3D blu ray of Fort Ti or any of the other western/period-piece titles owned by Sony/Columbia. There will be no deal there. Westerns and the like don't sell well enough, according to multiple sources.

We've all got to buy Wings of the Hawk from Day 1 just to keep Kino Lorber's interest in continuing to support any classic-3D title.

But there is hope for us Golden-Age 3D enthusiasts: Root for a another deal between Kino Lorber and MGM that would get us (with an assist from 3D Film Archive) 3D blu rays of the historic (in a different sense) Bwana Devil and The Diamond Wizard. And if a few stars align, we may have a shot at getting I. the Jury. All these titles would certainly far outsell Fort Ti (sorry...), and sales drive distributors' decision to do a deal.
you can get the DVD anaglyph version from the DVD party I just ordered it. I became a 3d enthusiast when it was dead when I saw the house of wax in 3d at the popeyes buddy club at the paramount when I was a kid.for years I look at view masters from gaf

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
you can get the DVD anaglyph version from the DVD party I just ordered it. I became a 3d enthusiast when it was dead when I saw the house of wax in 3d at the popeyes buddy club at the paramount when I was a kid.for years I look at view masters from gaf
What is the DVD party?

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
We don't promote bootleg material on this site. Any posts that do so will be deleted without warning.
Just read your message.Whether Dvdr party is selling bootlegs that is a question mark. All I know is that I saw this website. That's it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks