What's new

Forrest Gump: SE, is this rumor or fact? (1 Viewer)

Gruson

Second Unit
What the hell???!?!
I just watched Gump on DVD and the Biggs scene was not there!
I know I saw it there in the theaters!!!
wink.gif

Craig_T

Second Unit
I think my Forrest Gump disc is rotting along with all of my Warner RSDL discs. The RSDL rot problem is now spreading to Paramount discs! The movie locks up right when Forrest goes and assists in the Florida recounts and finds a bag of uncounted ballots but is then beaten down by G. Gordon Liddy and 4 Anti-Castro Cubans.

YANG

Screenwriter
How do we know if the disc inside a freshly wrapped copy is the one that have the "D2R2" disc in it?I saw that there is only two different stocks sold here in SINGAPORE market,one that is made in MEXICO,another just says that its from the STATES.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Let's not lose sight of the real offender: namely, the person who started this silly rumor over at AVS.
M.

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
ok, I apologize fo rthe bad joke, I really thought after the whole JP DTS thing everyone would get the joke. I think Tom should apologize for his harsh comments though.
[Edited last by Robert Spalding on August 31, 2001 at 11:06 AM]
[Edited last by Robert Spalding on August 31, 2001 at 11:11 AM]

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmmm......my copy of Gump seems to have been altered from the film version. I distinctly remember, in the theatre, Forrest referring to his "Butt-Tocks". On my DVD, Gump utters the phrase "Ass-Tocks".
Or am I mis-remembering?
(here's your damn smiley: :))
Jon
------------------
"This one goes to eleven." (Nigel Tufnel)
[Edited last by Jon_Are on August 31, 2001 at 12:12 PM]

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I immediately detected the joke here.
As soon as the person mentioned "D2R2" I laughed my ass off.
biggrin.gif

------------------
LuvLBX

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
I love a good joke. I enjoy almost all types of humor.
Sorry but I accepted it as possible truth and was even concerned. I may be an administrator but I cannot keep up with every single thread.
A smilie or sarcastic line in addition to your original reply would have easily pointed out to me and most others that your were just messing with us.
Just my thoughts...
I haven't lost any sleep over it nor do I take it personally.
:)
Cheers.

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
wheew, glad to see everyone has settled down...
My bad on the omission of the smiley face. I figured that since the whole JP DTS issue was so drove into the ground that everyone would get it. (I was one of those with the old DTS issue)
------------------
------------------
Sirdvd.com
Link Removed

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Robert: I would apologize if anything I said were untrue. Were you not thoughtless when you made the joke that most people took seriously? It doesn't seem like you gave it any thought to me. I wasn't trying to berate you, just point out your error.
-Tom

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Now that I finally found out this whole "issue" was a scam, I finally went to Best Buy and picked up a copy of Forrest G. I had been holding out for some answers.
Bastards!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm going to Best Buy tommorow to get my copy. I think I've pretty much determined this is a scam.
-Keith-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks