What's new

Forrest Gump Reviws? Where are they, week left. (1 Viewer)

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I'm very surprised there havent been any FG reviews. Theres a week left. This is one of my most anticipated DVD's of the year. There were reviews of the Goonies weeks ago. WHy arent any Forrest Gump reviews out yet.
------------------
Ruben Zamora
Onkyo TX-575X
Pioneer DV-333

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
There are reviews out. Try dvdfile.com Obi's reviews, etc. Seek and ye shall find.
------------------

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Just wathced the disc tonight. Overall a really damn fine package, easily paramounts best yet.
The disc comes in a white double alpha case, which I feel makes it look more like a kids movie, but will make it stand out more on the shelf.
First disc: Film in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby 5.1 English(no 2.0 track...WTF???) and French 2.0
Also has commentaries that I have yet to watch. Only watched the movie with all my roommates tonight.
Overall the picture quality is awesome. Nothing to really show off like Toy Story, but it is the best I have ever seen this film look EVER.(Granted, I have never seen the LD, but from what I hear it isnt that much)
The 5.1 track on this disc is very front heavy. The score doesnt fill the room as some more recent movies have, but overall a very very good 5.1 track. The Vietnam scene scared the hell out of my roommates. Really good stuff on here, just not up to standards of some more recent films.
Disc two is absolutely wonderful though.
I only dug through a few things on it, but damn is it nice what they give you. The screen test with Haley Joel Osment is really cute. Strange to see this kid back then who nobody knew then and is now a major star.
The special effects vignettes are great, explaining how they accomplished the great FX work on this film. Even has the deleted MLK scene and George Bush ping pong match. The MLK scene would have been classic if they kept it in. Would have liked to have had some of the FX breakdowns in multiangle, but who cares when the regular ones are so nicely done. Hell, even the special features are subtitled on this disc!
I am going to finish going through this disc soon, but if anyone is a fan of this film you MUST get this disc when it streets next Tuesday...a wonderful disc from Paramount, and hopefully a sign of things to come from their next big releases.
------------------
card11.jpg

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
My job my friend...we get rentals a week early and get to rent them before they come out...perks of the job!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
card11.jpg

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was at my local *** wholesale at notice Forest Gump available for purchase a week early for only $18.99. Quickly picked it up. Have not have a chance to look at it yet.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I'm not impressed with it.
Picture is quite grainy, EdgeE.
Sound is pretty flat, low dialnorm ala MI2.
just surprised that a lot of people haven't seen the movie yet!
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
Half of these DVD reviewers dont know what there talking about.
For instance:
They had dislikes with the Sound because the movie is quiet and all of a sudden flares out during the Hurricane and Vietnam Sequence.
Thats what its suppose to do you idiots. ITS a FREAKIN WAR SCENE!!!!!!! and a HURRICANE!!!!! The rest of the movie is quiet because its mostly DIalouge. Did you expent to hear the ROCKS zooming across the room when the kids are throwing them at Forrest.
------------------
Ruben Zamora
Onkyo TX-575X
Pioneer DV-333

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I too picked this up a week early as my local dvd retailer got it early.
As said above, Forrest Gump has never been better, and I HAD the LD. The anamorphic picture on my Sony VVega is outstanding, with a very clean and soft look witch should please fans of the film.
All of the colors of Greenbow where Forrest lives are just beutiful, it makes one want to live their! My favorite scenes, at least visually, are when Forrest is telling Jenny about how beutiful it was when he was running, that sunset when he's running through the desert is just awe inspring on this dvd!
Contrary to what was said above, I thought the Vietnam battle scene sounded incredible! Plenty of low end from the ol sub. It really reminded me of Saving Private Ryan a little.
It's been about 4 or so years since I saw this film last until last night, and I must say, I kinda teared up a little, I forgot just how moving and wonderful this movie really is! A must for every fan!
------------------
Warner Bros. is officially dead to me.
[Edited last by John Williamson on August 22, 2001 at 06:03 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks