What's new

Formula 1... Spoilers!!! (1 Viewer)

Chris Derby

Second Unit
Well... He did it. Congrats to Mike for tieing Fangio's record.
I was really pulling for Kimi, though. Oh well, I guess the oil in the braking area was just one of those "racing things". :frowning:

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Given Schuey's relentless mindset, I'd say he's going to end up shattering Fangio's record, probably by 2 titles. Unless Mika comes back to surprise the F1 community and gets a great Mercedes, better than the one seen this year.

Still love Ayrton the best, with much respect also for Nigel.

Chris Derby

Second Unit
I agree. He's accomplished enough that I think he'll stay in it as long as he can keep winning championships. He'll keep racing until he doesn't win the championship one year. Then he'll come back the next year and win the championship just to show people he still has it. Then he'll retire.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yay, another USGP that will be meaningless. ;)
Well, I'm getting use to it. :)
As much as F1 seems automatic in some ways, from season to season things can change rather drastically, so we will just have to see how next year starts off.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Great race by Schumacher, and a perfect illustration of why he and Ferrari are where they are right now. A great car, a great driver, and ruthless exploitation of whatever luck comes their way. It was fantastic to watch history being made this morning!

If he wins another World Driver's Championship next season I would not be surprised to see him retire at the end of next season. It could easily be another 45 years before someone gets 5 WDCs let alone 6! He is getting older, and although he has built a great team around himself and has been critical to the development of the cars, the likes of Kimi Raikkonen and Juan Pablo Montoya are breathing down his neck.

F1 is not a sport that is kind to drivers much past their mid-30s, and despite what some people believe these cars do not drive themselves, I think Schumacher would like to go out on top and he is apparently quite risk-adverse as far as race car drivers go.

As far as the USGP goes I don't care if it is "meaningless" it will still have the best drivers in the world driving the most advanced race cars (I'm still blown away by how fast they were going through that first corner at Magny Cours today) and I just love the awesome sound of those 3.0 V-10s at 18,000 rpm. And it is the only opportunity that fans get to see in person racing at the top level in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks