Formula 1 fans .... any word on 2001 season DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim A. Banville, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

I LOVE my F1 2000 season DVD, but I want MORE!

Jim

2. Michael St. Clair

I love the footage, hate the short length and interface.

I'd rather see highlights from 6 races, with 3 times the length per race, and the ability to play everything sequentially without additional input.

3. Kenneth Verburg

Kenneth Verburg Auditioning

From the Duke Video website:
    "Q. Why does Duke not offer a DVD of the 2001 F1 Review?
    A. As at the beginning of 2002, and during most of December 2001, this was the question most commonly asked by our customers. Firstly, we would very much like to be able to offer a DVD of the 2001 F1 Review to our customers, but no such product exists at the present time. Duke bought the UK rights to distribute VHS tapes of the F1 Review from the rights owners, Formula One Management, but we do not own, and to the best of our knowledge, no one else owns the DVD rights to this important programme.
    As far as we are aware, no decision has been made as to whether these rights will ever be sold to a video publishing company, but we very much hope that they will be sold to Duke or another company at some point during 2002. With over 30% of programmes purchased for home use now being DVD, we are as anxious as many of our customers to have positive information about a DVD of the F1 Review 2001."
    So it looks unlikely that the 2001 season will come to DVD and that the 2000 version was a one-off. Which is a shame, as the digital feed is amazing and it would make a great DVD.

4. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

I think we all know what the problem is here. His initials are B.E.

5. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

Is the 2000 version still available?