What's new

Formula 1 Belgian Grand Prix (1 Viewer)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Anyone else see this fiasco?

One of the most exciting races of the season with an awesome finish in the wet ruined by the "stewards".

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Hamilton stripped of Belgian win

I've been reading several forums on this subject and there is an undercurrent that if a Ferrari driver had done the same thing there would have not been such a severe penalty. Let's say Massa had been in Hamilton's position and had done the same thing with the same result - would they have docked Massa 25 seconds making Hamilton the winner. I doubt it.

Makes you think all the other teams should just go home and let Massa and Raikonnen race each other. Ferrari will win the championship one way or another and they have all of F1 management to help them do it.

Can you tell I'm somewhat irked?

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
A really exciting race on the circuit's best track needlessly marred by controversy thanks to the FIA (and this from a Ferrari fan).

Rob

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I guess that not many people on this forum watch F1 (it is shown on Speed in the US) but it would be interesting to hear what anyone else thinks.

YouTube - Formula-1 2008 Spa, Belgium

UPDATE: The video has been removed from YouTube due to copyright.

Here is the latest from the BBC:
BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | McLaren to fight Hamilton penalty

There's a petition with about 12,000 signatures (at this time), but that won't do any good either because F1 management don't give a damn.

Belgium Grand Prix - Lewis Hamilton was unfairly stripped of his win - Signatures

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Granted Hamilton might have been at the very limits of the rules, but the stewards completely botched the call. While some will argue he might have been right against Raikkonen's ass, Hamilton had clearly yielded to Raikkonen after the turn, and was visibly BEHIND him well before the next turn.

As far as I'm concerned, Hamilton had not violated the rules, and the decision is highly unsportsmanlike.

Does Max Mosley need to be *ahem* "disciplined" now? :D

Marianne

Supporting Actor
The petition has nearly 22,000 sigs now and is the most active petition on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks