What's new

Forms of Payment (1 Viewer)

Chris Huber

Second Unit
If I purchase something online from an individual, what form of payment is better/safer: Check or Money Order?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I would think a check, that way you get the cancelled check back and if's there is a problem you ave all the info you need to trace the person.

Nice sentence eh:)

Brent

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
money order...no question. a money order means the dude already *paid* upfront, so there's no risk of a bounced check.

with checks, a lot of banks will cash the check, then when it bounces, hold *you* (not the person who wrote the check) accountable.

i would never take a personal check from a stranger. no way...no day....

Duane R

Second Unit
Go for the USPS Postal Money Order. If any fraud transpires, the postmaster takes that quite serious.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Your personal checks have your back account number on them (for obvious reasons). I would avoid sending them to individuals I don't know.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
oops...well, i still say money order. no need to give them you're bank account, routing number, etc.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I agree with the others, if a stranger has 1 copy of 1 check, that's the same has having 250 blank checks nowadays.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I never really thought about the danger of giving checks but it does make sense. I just paid my power bill online, and the information I was required to give was may name, name of the bank, routing number, account number. All of which can be found on my check, plus more (address) if needed. Yikes.

Even the information which can be copied from a credit card isn't that thorough.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks