1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Format of the HTF Cookie file?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Barnhart, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone here (Parker?) know the format of the HTF cookie file? I would like to write a program that would allow me to set my "Last Visited" date/time to arbitrary values because sometimes when I "visit", I get derailed into doing something else and never get to finish, so the next time I visit, my "New Posts" are all reset.

Questions:
    1) Is the last visited date/time in the cookie.txt file?
    2) If so, which field is it?
    3) Is the cookie format standard across vBulletin sites?

Thanks for any help.

2. Scott Barnhart

Well, some research of vBulletin cookies and some testing shows me that the info I was hoping to access is not stored in the HTF cookie, but rather on the HTF server, so I can't do what I want to do.
    So, never mind, I guess! [​IMG]

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Scott:

In the cookie file look for bblastvisit. This is in Unix timecode and you will have to change your numbers to reflect those numbers.

Parker

4. Scott Barnhart

Parker,

All I have in my cookie file is bbuser and bbpassword - does bblastvisit normally show up? Can I just add a bblastvisit? I see that my AVSForum (also vBulletin) cookie DOES have bblastvisit. Strange...

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Scott:

You had the "Browse the board with cookies" enabled and this does not put the bblastvisit into the cookie but times the cookie related to your time on line.

I have set this to No for you. You should see bblastvisit listed after the next time you visit the forum.

Parker

6. Scott Barnhart

Parker,
    Thank you so much for the info! Yes, I now have bblastvisit in my cookie - excellent! I didn't make the connection between "Browse board with cookies" and the fact that I would NOT get things in my permanent cookie file. Thanks for clearing it up.
    Now on to my cool program... [​IMG]