Foriegn Movie Posters

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Garrett Lundy, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

The 'net seems to be stocked with etailers of original and reprints of american movie posters...but where to get the foriegn film posters in their original languages??
    I've tried unsuccessfully to locate the French language posters for LES RIVIÈRES POURPRES and LE PACTE DES LOUPES, also the German language poster for DER TODESKING. (Movies are 'The Crimson Rivers', 'The Brotherhood of the Wolf', and 'The Dead-King' respectivly).
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Ps: Only websites that allow me to pay in US currency is helpful
    [​IMG]

2. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

If you're ever in Toronto, there's a store on Yonge Street called Hollywood Renaissance... 630 Yonge Street (Yonge & Wellesley area) (416) 967-4598.
    They have lots of original posters and reprints... I got my Lola Rennt poster there, so they definitely have imports. They also had a poster for Amélie from Japan on display. If you've got extras, they also buy.

3. Kim Donald

Kim Donald Stunt Coordinator

Kim Donald Houde-Martens
    I am going to a flea Market this week-end here in Berlin that has this guy with boxes and boxes of German Film Posters most are folded but only a few Eros. I'll see if he has DER TODESKING and post back. Also in NYC on Bleaker Street in the Village is a store that sales French Film Posters I believe its called "French Kiss"?? maybe someone else in the city can verify the name.
    kd

4. Mark C Sherman

Mark C Sherman Second Unit

Do a search for VINTAGE POSTERS most of the time they have several sub categories Such as travel Food and Drink and Movies.

Good Luck

5. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

An update: I've located LES RIVIÈRES POURPRES at http://www.ART.com (It was listed under "The Crimson Rivers" - Go figure). And I found LE PACTE DES LOUPS at http://www.Pixposters.com (Turns out I had misspelled it in my original search :b ).
    Der TODESKING I still can't find (Reprint or original) online.
    And just so you know, www.ART.com Will frame all the movie posters they sell, even the 27"x41" ones.[​IMG]

6. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    Although I've nevered ordered from them here's a link to an Italian poster site which is suppose to be good.www.italica.com/cinemaparadiso/ There site looks very interesting.