Forgotten Favorites

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Sanchez, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Have you ever watched a movie again that you hadn't seen in a good while and it was almost like watching it for the first time? Sometimes you forget how good they are.

This happened to me tonight while watching Scent Of a Woman. I had only seen it once a year or so ago and had forgotten how excellent it was. We need more actors like Pacino around.

2. kevin_asai

kevin_asai Stunt Coordinator

Fight Club
    I watched it 2 weeks ago for the first time since April 2001. It was like watching a new movie. New ideas appeared in my mind [​IMG]

3. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Both James Cameron flicks: Aliens and T2. Until recently on DVD, have not seen either one since when they were first released, they were very good the first time, but I have gotten a lot more appreciation on the finer points the second time.

Seven Samurai, watched it every 8-10 years since the early 60s, it's a new and better film every single time.

4. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    Happens to me a lot. I remember seeing "Empire of the Sun" when it first came out and not liking it. When it came out on DVD I rented it and discovered what a great film it really is. I now own it and have watched it at least 3 times. Of course, it goes the other way too. I remember films I saw in the 50's and 60's as a kid that I loved only to see them again after 40 years and boy what stinkers.