What's new

Forget TRU, Overstock has TTT for 12.37 shipped!!! (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just noticed this on the website.

"This Title Is Not Yet Released! This item will be available for shipment starting on 11/18/2003. In order to assure you Overstock.com's low price on this pre-order, we will charge your credit card when the order is placed today. The item will be shipped on or after 11/18/2003."

i am on the phone now. and was told they do this to ensure my copy will be in stock on the day it is to hit street.

he seems to be under the impression that this is normal, because when i said no other etailer does this he was surprised.

so when i tried to cancel this they said that if italready was sent to the warehouse i cannot cANCEL it.
so it will take 3-4 business days for them to figure out if i can cancel it.

the explaination for charging now is to guarentee that i have this price on my product when the item ships.
but i asked "didnt my ordering the item already do that?"
she said no because it might be a different price at that time.
huh?
when i mentioned that best buy and everyone else guarantees the price at time of order he said,
the way the overstock web site is set up is why it is done this way.

he also wasn't too concerned that my credit card will be charging me interest for the 3 months that this charge will be on my card. basically cancelling out the am't i will be saving by ordering now.

Ben Jordan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
Yes, they took my funds immediatly. :) But I used eBay funds, since eBay offers a money-back guarantee for a small fee. Haven't had to take advantage of that yet, but it's a nice option. I think it was around $1.50 or something extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks