What's new

Forget TPM, will Indiana Jones ever be on dvd? (1 Viewer)

John Tyrone

Agent
I'm just wondering if these will make it on dvd. Several months ago TCM was showing "Raiders" in Letterbox, I'd like to get it someday...
John

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
There is a strong rumor that the Indy films will be released in 2002 - nothing official yet, though.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Of course it will be available on DVD. Though, no one knows when.
------------------
flag.jpg

Luis S

Supporting Actor
I here ya,not to bash star wars or anything but these are the movies really worth demanding. Im surprised no one has petitioned for these since they are just as deserving if not more so.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Petitioning won't work on these films - the studios already know. Petitioning only has a chance to work on lessor or more obscure films - if even then.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
AMEN to this thread title.
I like SW as much as the next guy, but I'd MUCH rather have the Indy films on DVD. I signed Tom's petition (see above) and I suggest you do the same. The fact that these movies aren't out on DVD is rediculous!
Later,
Marshall

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I have a feeling they won't decide on the Indy DVD's until they decide on Indy 4. If there is an Indy 4, we could have along wait.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I just wanna be able to put the Raiders DVD into my player and listen to the boulder scene at the beginning in glorious 5.1 sound all while watching a flawless anamorphic picture! A man can dream can't he?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I agree with Alan. Creating and signing a petition on this issue is a futile waste of time.
It isn't like Paramount or the powers that be are wondering if the public really wants Indy on DVD. They know that almost anybody who has a DVD player wants these.
They will release it when they feel the time is right based on whatever factors they consider important.
We should save the petitions for specific targeted issues like the Wonka widescreen debacle. Creating a whole slew of petitions for every release we'd like to see will dilute the value of them.
My hope is that the Indy box will be next year's "Godfather" release in the Fall.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
But for that matter why did we petition for Star Wars?We all knew it would be on dvd someday.Most of us I think really just want some kind of time frame of when to expect it.Not this no comment nonsense.at least then we could have something to look forward to.And Id like anouncements soon,not after years of speculating like with BTTF or Star Wars.

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
I hope when that day comes, we will be given the option of buying the titles separately.
I really didn't care for the Temple of Doom, but loved ROTL and the Last Crusade. In fact, I thought the Last Crudade was the best of the three.
------------------

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
There are few reasons why the Star Wars petition
worked and this won't.
1) When Lucas released EP1:The Phantom Menace
to home video, it was the ONLY film recently released to
theaters that did NOT get released on DVD.
THAT WAS EVEN TOO EXTREME FOR LUCAS TO IGNORE.
2) Keep in mind that Lucas is still saying,
"Not until after Episode 3" for the remaninder
of the Star Wars films that already exist.
Lucas will want to get these films restored and
and the Indy Trilogy needs lots of work per many
many sources...
3) The Indy Trilogy is Lucas's other film set that
is highly regarded, and he won't just put out a DVD.
He will wait until he has the time to make the DVDs
the SEs he dreams of. Plus, he will have to collaborate
with Speilberg, who, as we know, is against doing
commentary tracks personally.
4) Add to this the speculation of 4th Indy film,
and you have many reasons why we won't see these
films for a while.
Have speculated all of this, it is possible that
with Lucas getting Willow out in
the manner he is, he might have time to get people
cracking on the elements for the DVDs of the Indy
trilogy.
Mark

DanR

Supporting Actor
These are my most wanted DVDs, and what has happened with these films is upsetting.
Personally, I'm at the point where the whole lot of em can go to hell. I'm better off spending my money on fishing trips. I'd rather have my line in the water hoping for a world record Musky than waiting for Indy to play on DVD in my home theater. Plus, the odds of the former are greater than the odds of the latter.
Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks