What's new

Forever (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I still like it. I have dropped some other shows just because I forget when they are on, or when I watch them, live, my mind wanders.Since Henry has not been killed for awhile, I was expecting it to happen this week. So they fooled me, but the save we have seen before on other shows.Still a pleasant fun show and I hope it gets the 22 episode season.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Really liked last night episode and how they've brought in Jo's shooting from the last episode and how it affected this one. It's deepened the show some and I think that's a good thing.

Also liked how Henry struggled with his decision to leave the man to protect his secret - doubtful his sticking around would have saved the man, but an interesting idea on what started him thinking moving over to examiner.

(what's sad is that when I saw him at the end talking to Abe and holding his arm I thought that he could avoid all the pain and rehab by dying... :) )

Also expected that he would have surprised Abe at the end with World Series tickets. (they haven't addressed whether Henry's loaded (I assume he is)).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I enjoyed it, too, even if the mysteries were fairly easy to sniff out the solutions to. All of the Henry flashbacks to earlier time periods are fascinating: my favorite parts of the show.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
It was announced on Friday that FOREVER has been officially picked up for a full 22 episode first season, as Ioan Gruffudd predicted in that earlier interview. (post 26)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
And as I tried to reassure viewers earlier in this thread. Though the series isn't pulling down fabulous ratings in this time slot, it's holding its own, and ABC has other problems on its schedule to deal with. The show is also one which should rerun well since it's not serialized, so having another Castle on their schedule would be a great help to them down the road.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Really enjoyed last night's episode. About time we got a Highlander reference! :)

'Adam' trying to frame Henry gave me flashbacks to Dexter. Thought his explanation to the captain (?) was logical (sleep walking) although her reaction to his response about the stalker ('I know; I should have told you') was weak, at best- one would think that she'd push him to the sidelines and tell him to stay away, if for no other reason than to be completely above board for a conviction.

Also really liked that Henry still hasn't told his secret to Jo yet - it makes very good sense that he's reluctant, given his waterboarding treatment. Their relationship is developing naturally, and that's a great thing.

I'm sure that others saw Adam's reveal a longs ways off, but it was a nice surprise to me (I thought I'd seen who 'Adam' was on IMDB and thought it was another actor, so I was pleasantly surprised)

This show is turning out to be a nice addition to my viewing schedule - especially since I, uncharacteristically, sat and watched it with no prior knowledge of it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I was very relieved that Henry is keeping his secret to himself for the present. I could see this be a series finale reveal if the show ends after one season, but it ABC picks it up for another go-round, I wish they wouldn't be so quick to bring in someone else on his secret. Keeping it from his police colleagues is one of the more entertaining aspects of the series.

I wasn't the least surprised with the reveal of the "stalker."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
Yes, I was very relieved that Henry is keeping his secret to himself for the present. I could see this be a series finale reveal if the show ends after one season, but it ABC picks it up for another go-round, I wish they wouldn't be so quick to bring in someone else on his secret. Keeping it from his police colleagues is one of the more entertaining aspects of the series.

I wasn't the least surprised with the reveal of the "stalker."
Yeah, I easily picked up on it too as soon as that person started talking with Henry in his office.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Yep, the second the psych doc started talking I told my wife "He's the dude stalking Henry". She didn't believe me at first though. I said just listen closely to his tone of voice.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Alf S said:
Yep, the second the psych doc started talking I told my wife "He's the dude stalking Henry". She didn't believe me at first though. I said just listen closely to his tone of voice.
That, plus I didn't think they'd give that actor what could have been such a small part. All in all, quite well done and it will be interesting to see his next appearance.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wow.

I almost quit this show after the first episode. It was so-so, and I'm not a big fan these days of the gruesome-corpse procedural. The A Brilliant Mind-esque deductions were twee. But the leads had chemistry, so I kept watching.

It has become quite engaging. The procedurals are procedurals, and I can zone out during the cookie cutter sequences. But the characters are great, the chemistry and relationships believable and interesting. And the arc with Adam is moving apace, and thrilling. Now I fear that this will be a one-season wonder, with all its greatness used up early.

Forever has become must-watch for me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I do, too. I think there is potential here for a big hit with proper nurturing and if it had a really strong lead-in.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
FOREVER is pre-empted tonight. I was watching the one from two weeks ago and noticed that in the flashback, Henry is shown to be a member of the Diogenes Club.
That's the fictional club that Mycroft Holmes belongs to. I see that modern authors are using the Diogenes Club as some sort of supernatural spy organization.

I wonder if the Diogenes Club will fit in, somehow, with the explanation of Henry's condition, if there ever is one?

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
It's kinda funny - I knew nothing about it when it first came on, and the only reason I stopped to watch was I didn't have anything else to do, and now I'm checking listings to see if it's going to be on that (Tuesday) night. And the one show I was looking forward to, has already tanked and is going away (Constantine)

I figured they'd drag out Abe's family searching longer, but it's added a nice touch; and that he and Henry, are, in fact, related was cool.

I like how this is playing out and look forward to the next episode.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
“Forever” (10:00-11:00 p.m. – 4.4 million and 0.9/3 in AD18-49):

At 10:00 p.m., ABC’s “Forever” returned to original for the first time in 3 weeks with strong year-to-year time-period increases, boosting its slot from the year-ago night by 42% in Total Viewers and by 29% in Adults 18-49 (“Killer Women” = 3.1 million and 0.7/2 on 2/4/14). On average season to date, the freshman ABC drama is improving the Tuesday 10:00 p.m. hour by wide margins in Total Viewers (+85%) and Adults 18-49 (+80%) over regular programming during the comparable weeks last season.

• In the most recent round of Live + 7 Day ratings (w/o 1/12/15), “Forever” doubled its Live + Same Day Adult 18-49 number (+100%) for the 3rd time during its freshman season.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/02/10/abc-surges-to-an-11-week-high-with-8-of-the-top-20-shows-in-adults-18-49/361788/

So apparently, it's doing better than "Killer Women" was doing last year in the same timeslot. Will that keep it on the air? Hopefully.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This show is among my favorites and has real potential if ABC is willing to give it a good try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks