What's new

Forever Knight Trilogy: Part 2? (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I just ordered Forever Knight Trilogy: Part 1 (Season 1)and noticed it was released 8 month ago. Has anyone heard either way... will they be releasing the remaining 2 seasons?

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I'd like to finish the trilogy myself. I think the show improved as it went on.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Pete, I also got it cheap when all of the stores had the incorrect preorder price. :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
That's cool Todd... Isn't great when you get an extra good deal on something like this?

Oh yeah... it definitely got better as it went on! I am hoping that it continues (even though unlikely) I would love to have the complete series.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I used to watch this show all the time as it was on after Xena in my local market. I bought the first season because I got it for $22.46 on a price mistake, but they aren't going to sell many at the SRP they had.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Well... this is disappointing to hear...well atleast I didn't pay to much for the set. I was aware of the no extras but I had hoped for a decent transefer. :frowning:

On the bright side I had a little problem with getting the price match... one of the operators goofed up a little and I had to consult a supervisor... resulting in free shipping. and was told it would ship that day... but I wasn't told I would get upgraded to free next day air. yesterday I got my shipping notice stating I would have the set today! :)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Because the show was aired kinda haphazardly in my area, I didn't get to see every episode. But I think I remember some talk on the news group about an episode with a vampire dog?! Was this for real?

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
The vampire dog episode was in season 3.

The problem I had with the first Forever Knight set was the transfers on the first discs had problems.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I finished watching the first disc of the set and wasn't to bad.... but I have a poor excuse for a TV at the moment so they didn't look to bad... but I am afraid of what it will look like when I replace my TV here soon.

I am enjoying the set though. great to see this show again. I haven't seen it in so long! I hope we get the rest of this series with decent transfer and prioced to sell. Even though I know the chances are very slim.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
You know, I can suspend belief well enough to imagine human vampires flying. But the whole idea of a vampire dog flying through the sky is really reaching. :D

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I know a lot of people who are really into this show, but many of them have suffered reduced circumstances in the past few years - I think that had an impact on sales for this set. I'd love to see all three seasons on DVD. I hope sales pick up to the point where they can consider releasing the next season.

The episode with the vampire dog was really quite effective on multiple levels. It should have been hokey and cliche, and the cast managed to pull it off. It was also interesting for the fact that it illuminated more of the vampire culture in the series.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Ok, this is really getting me curious. I've got to see the vampire dog episode! I really hope Columbia goes on to finish the trilogy, and soon. The suspense is killing me! :D

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I finally finished this set yesterday. I really enjoyed it. wish they would have added some extras though. and obviously a better transfer.... but this one was definitely worth the $24 I paid for the set!

As for the season 3 show dealing with the vampire seeing eye dog... I barely remember that episode... but do remember enjoying it and it being better then what it sounds like it could be.

I am so hoping I will get to see the last two seasons on DVD somehow! Even though it would take more time I would even be happy with them breaking each season up into a couple volumes like they are doing with lost in space... Like I believe it was Gord that said... having your favorite show in volumes like that is better then not having it at all!

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I'll buy it if they break the seasons up, but I really hope they don't. I understand that they may have legitimate reasons for doing so, but as a consumer, I just plain hate it. Give me full season sets, in a reasonable time frame.

Kristin

Agent
Quinn at the official Geraint Wyn Davies (Nick Knight) website posted this recently:

"So far, nothing has been announced by Sony but some preliminary work has been done for a second season set of DVDs. Still, that doesn't assure anything."

I find it difficult to believe that sales were so low. I know that just about every FK fan in the online community (which is roughly 500 fans or so) bought sets and even got extras for friends and family. I also see them selling on ebay frequently. Is Sony upset they lost money because of their early pricing error? I still don't understand why they priced the discs so high when there's only 5 discs - most tv shows have 6+ with extras and sell for around $50.

Gord: Can you give me any current sales figures?

About the episode with the vampire dog. This one is early season 3 and is called "Blind Faith." It's done quite realistically and has to do with lower forms of vampires called "carouches." This is what Screed is (the vampire in season 3 that only feeds on rats). Fans of LaCroix may also like him much less after this episode (the flashbacks show the worst thing he's ever done to Nick). Here is a summary:

"When a serial rapist is ripped to shreds by a dog, Natalie suspects that something isn't quite right. Nick's investigations leads him to suspect a carouche, a lower form of vampire who typically feeds on vermin, may be behind the dog's behavior. When Nick finds the dog, he discovers that it is the devoted companion of a blind dispatcher. Now he must figure out how to protect the dispatcher (and everybody else) from her not-so-mortal dog."

Kristin
knightvision.4ever.cc
~Largest FK site on the net~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks