Forever Knight Trilogy: Part 2?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Pete Battista, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I just ordered Forever Knight Trilogy: Part 1 (Season 1)and noticed it was released 8 month ago. Has anyone heard either way... will they be releasing the remaining 2 seasons?

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I'm not saying we won't ever see it, but sales of season 1 were poor.

Gord

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

They priced it too high!

4. Pete Battista

Pete

I got pretty lucky Todd... I got mine for $23.86. I had DDD price match Critic's Choice So That way I can't complain about price at all! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    I'd like to finish the trilogy myself. I think the show improved as it went on.

6. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Pete, I also got it cheap when all of the stores had the incorrect preorder price. [​IMG]

7. Pete Battista

Pete
    That's cool Todd... Isn't great when you get an extra good deal on something like this?

Oh yeah... it definitely got better as it went on! I am hoping that it continues (even though unlikely) I would love to have the complete series.

8. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I used to watch this show all the time as it was on after Xena in my local market. I bought the first season because I got it for $22.46 on a price mistake, but they aren't going to sell many at the SRP they had.

9. Pete Battista

Pete
    I agree there... there is no way I would by the season set foor $80! DDD is selling them for $55 and that is still a bit on the high side in my opinion.

10. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I recently finished watching the set and would definitely like to continue with the remaining seasons. It's not surprising the set sold poorly, it doesn't even look like Columbia even cleaned up the image....which was quite poor. Lets not forget a complete lack of extras and overpricing the set as well. I also recall that the first episode was the edited US version. Columbia really pisses me off.[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Pete Battista

Pete
    Well... this is disappointing to hear...well atleast I didn't pay to much for the set. I was aware of the no extras but I had hoped for a decent transefer. [​IMG]

On the bright side I had a little problem with getting the price match... one of the operators goofed up a little and I had to consult a supervisor... resulting in free shipping. and was told it would ship that day... but I wasn't told I would get upgraded to free next day air. yesterday I got my shipping notice stating I would have the set today! [​IMG]

12. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    Because the show was aired kinda haphazardly in my area, I didn't get to see every episode. But I think I remember some talk on the news group about an episode with a vampire dog?! Was this for real?

13. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

The vampire dog episode was in season 3.

The problem I had with the first Forever Knight set was the transfers on the first discs had problems.

14. Pete Battista

Pete
    I finished watching the first disc of the set and wasn't to bad.... but I have a poor excuse for a TV at the moment so they didn't look to bad... but I am afraid of what it will look like when I replace my TV here soon.

I am enjoying the set though. great to see this show again. I haven't seen it in so long! I hope we get the rest of this series with decent transfer and prioced to sell. Even though I know the chances are very slim.

15. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    You know, I can suspend belief well enough to imagine human vampires flying. But the whole idea of a vampire dog flying through the sky is really reaching. [​IMG]

16. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

In the story context, it made sense.

17. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

From what I remember, the dog was a seeing-eye dog that became a victim of a lower form of vampire. I remember the episode being quite good, actually. Wish I could watch it again, but Columbia doesn't seem to want my money.[​IMG]

18. Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I know a lot of people who are really into this show, but many of them have suffered reduced circumstances in the past few years - I think that had an impact on sales for this set. I'd love to see all three seasons on DVD. I hope sales pick up to the point where they can consider releasing the next season.

The episode with the vampire dog was really quite effective on multiple levels. It should have been hokey and cliche, and the cast managed to pull it off. It was also interesting for the fact that it illuminated more of the vampire culture in the series.

19. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    Ok, this is really getting me curious. I've got to see the vampire dog episode! I really hope Columbia goes on to finish the trilogy, and soon. The suspense is killing me! [​IMG]

20. Pete Battista

Pete
    I finally finished this set yesterday. I really enjoyed it. wish they would have added some extras though. and obviously a better transfer.... but this one was definitely worth the $24 I paid for the set! [​IMG]

As for the season 3 show dealing with the vampire seeing eye dog... I barely remember that episode... but do remember enjoying it and it being better then what it sounds like it could be.

I am so hoping I will get to see the last two seasons on DVD somehow! Even though it would take more time I would even be happy with them breaking each season up into a couple volumes like they are doing with lost in space... Like I believe it was Gord that said... having your favorite show in volumes like that is better then not having it at all!