What's new

Forever knight season's and 3 (1 Viewer)

John fur

Grip
Hi
has anyone heard of any news when sonypictures will be releasing season 2 and 3 of Forever knight on dvd?

thank you

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have been hearing that season 1 hasn't been selling well as Sony had hoped (I heard this from a web master of Knight Vision, a Forever Knight site). So I have no clue if Sony will release season 2 and 3, and when they will release them.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I loved the show and would get seasons 2 and 3 in a heartbeat. But, they hurt themselves by overpricing it and having no extras. Luckily, I was able to get it cheaper throught the price screwup.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
My wife was a fan of the show, but after hearing the transfer was pretty bad, I stayed away from it.

Ric

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Now I have read rumors at one of the Forever Knight groups at Yahoo! that season 2 is supposed to be out later this year. Now I am confused. Is Columbia/Sony releasing season 2 or not?

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
As of last week when I spoke to them, they had no plans on releasing season 2. They said sales were low.

Gord

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Does this mean they would now be open to offers from another company to put season 2 and 3 on DVD?

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Rick P

Supporting Actor

At $79,95 MSRP are they suprised? With no extras? Drop it to $39.95, use decent transfers AND THE FULL LENGTH, NOT EDTIED ONES and they'll sell well..

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Only one episode was the edited US version and that was Dark Knight Part One. The other 21 episodes were presented uncut. I was surprised at how bad the video quality was for the first two discs of season one of FK when I reviewed it.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy I go to seems to steer clear of unknown (or semi-known) shows that are priced hyper-high. They've only ever had one copy of Forever Knight and one copy of La Femme Nikita: the Series, for example. And both have been sitting there unsold for many months due to the price.

I am not blaming Best Buy, I am just suggesting that maybe Best Buy knows the market better than the distributor does.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I think Columbia should release season 2.

Here are some suggestions:
They should cut the price of season 1 in half.

Then I suggest they read suggestions from the fans carefully and read the reviews for season 1 to see what fans want out of the DVD sets for FK season 2 and 3.

The next step would be to gather some extras- commentaries, blooper reel, and the TV ads for season 2. The TV spots should be the easiest to clear. Commentaries would be nice if they can get people together to do them.

The final step would be to hopefully present the episodes in better quality like a 6 to 7 disc set or have 2 DVD-18s if they are going to do a 5 disc set again.
price season 2 at $59.95 and have each disc in a slim case like what FOX is doing with ROSWELL and FIREFLY.

The above are only sugestions that I hope Columbia would take into consideration if they ever do release season 2 of FK. Some FK fans were waiting for season 2 and some FK fans weren't interested in buying season 1 because they only wanted to buy season 2.

Gord, do you know how many units of season One were sold?

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
And they were promoting this as a trilogie set.Since columbia produces their tv series with not too much care shoving 5 45-50 minutes episodes per disk on their tv series,why couldn't they price this the same price as Charlie's Angels,Strasky & Hutch? They probably though people would pay that high cost since it was promoted as a trilogie..So they woud pay anything to own it.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, someone at Columbia jokingly told me 200 copies were sold, so it sounded REALLY bad (although more than 200 copies were sold). I don't have an exact number.

I really don't think we'll ever see season 2.

Gord

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
Gord I bet ya the only people that bought it were the lucky one's that got it 30-40$ when amazon.com and amazon.ca had the wrong price for it when it was up for pre-order.I was 1 of the lucky one's:emoji_thumbsup:

Eric F

Screenwriter
Yeah, I got it for $25, and I still sold it.
I liked the show well enough, but it looked like crap.

I think the studios underestimate how much influence forums like this have on word of mouth. If they actually invested a little time in getting the transfer to look halfway decent it might have sold better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks