What's new

Forever Knight needs to be on dvd.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember this great cop/fantasy show that aired first on CBS then in syndication or USA channel? It was about a 700 year old vampire who wants to be human again. So he becomes a cop to do good deeds. The best part of the show was the head Vampire LaCroix who is first seen in flashbacks throughout the last 700 years then he eventually becomes part of the regular cast.

I am not sure what company owns the rights. I know it runs now on the Scifi channel and was produced by James Parriott.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, I remember it. I always tried to catch it whenever it was on. Putting it out on DVD would be cool, but would probably put me in the poor house with all the other stuff I want to buy. Any other vampire themed shows you know of? I just picked up Buffy season 1 and not too long ago I bought Ultraviolet (now theres a show that should have been made into a long running series) is Dark Shadows (the more recent 90's version) on DVD?

Brett C

Second Unit
Anchor Bay is going to release Nick Knight on DVD I think sometime at the end of the year...If you go to their website you'll see it on their release schedule...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Brett,

If it is the same Nick Knight I have on LD, then it is the original pilot. Which was a lot different than the show. They redid the pilot for the tv series and their were some changes. Here are differences I remember:

- Nick in the first pilot was played by Rick Springfield instead of Geraint Wyn Davies.

- Nick is only a couple of hundred years old in the first pilor instead of 700 years old in the show.

- The show in the first pilot is set in LA. While the tv series was set in Toronto.

- LaCroix in the first pilot I think was played by Michael Nader. While in the series he was played by Nigel Bennett, who was far better.

I am sure their were other changes. But, the tv show was much better than the original pilot.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just an update. I recieved a email from Jim Parriott. He was the executive producer for Forever Knight. I had contacted him regarding if the show was coming to dvd and who owns it. This was his response:

Todd -

FK is owned by Columbia Tri-Star. Numerous inquiries have been made in the past -- all for naught.

Good luck in your endeavors.

- Jim Parriott

I replied back thanking him and that he should come to our forum and check it out. I also said that maybe he should contact Columbia again. Especially now that they released the first season of All in the Family. I started a thread in the Studio Feedback area asking Columbia to release the show. I ask all fans to leave a comment there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks