FOREVER KNIGHT coming???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rick P, May 5, 2003.

1. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

www.davisdvd.com lists FOREVER KNIGHT as part of the 'comming soon' Columbia Tristar TV/DVD's. The article is here. Click on the highlighted 'advertisement' to see the ad slick.

Can anyone confirm/deny this? Details? (will 1st season be the Canadian (longer) versions? Can I save myself a coupla of hundered hours authoring my own DVD's (now sitting safely on the HD)????

(corrected my mis-typing.. not Columbia House, Columbia Tristar... the ad is right, my fingers were wrong)

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I have been in email contact with Jim Parriott (the shows creator). He has been trying to get the show out on dvd. But, Columbia/Tristar has said no. It was especially irksome that in the recent poll Columbia did not include Forever Knight. [​IMG]

I saw the ad. I am wondering that if the show is coming out. It may have been popular enough not to even have to be in the poll.

3. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Todd...

you might check back with him and point him toward that page/ad. Sounds like the left hand is doing something the right hand isn't supposed to know about...

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Now people will start complaining that it's coming from Columbia House, is overpriced and not in box sets [​IMG]

5. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

NEYT! NOT COLUMBIA HOUSE... COLUMBIA TRISTAR... NOT the same thing.

(and I can't type worth a hoot)

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

yup, looks like it's coming from Columbia main, rejoice FK fans!

Me, there's still Parker Lewis and The Critic

7. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

GOOD!!!
    E

8. Sherry H.

Sherry H. Extra

I've also seen this information at www.davisdvd.com, but I'm not familiar with this site. Is the info posted here reliable, i.e. is it coming directly from the studio?

Columbia Tristar hinted at a possible video release of Forever Knight back in 1998, but that never materialized and they've been sitting on this title since then. I'm hoping this latest information is accurate and that a DVD release is on the horizon.

9. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

The pilot film with Rick Springfield is on DVD now from Anchor Bay.

Also, did the last episode of this series leave things open ended, or was there a real conclusion? I guess I lost track of it when USA picked it up and never saw much of the final year.

10. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

There was pertty much a conclusion, and IMHO it was so bad/depressing that I have never been able to watch any episode of the show again.

RG

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

[​IMG]

Did noone notice that Designing Women and Ripley's Believe It Or Not are also in this ad! [​IMG]

All three caught me out of the blue. Whoa. Good catch to the guys at DavisDVD! Where did you find this? I'm guessing it's an insert in tomorrow's release of "Greatest '70s Cop Shows".

The strange thing about the ad is that the URL at the bottom for the poll does NOT work! [​IMG] I still have the URL for the old, working one...it's close but no cigar. Huh?!

12. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Good to hear that Forever Knight is coming to DVD. It's a series that I have thoroughly enjoyed in reruns on occasion - I've only seen a small fraction. The DVD set would certainly be the perfect opportunity to catch up.[​IMG]

I noticed on the Columbia poll site that 'Werewolf' was included.....is that the late 80's series with Chuck Connors and Brian Thompson as the big bads. If so, I'd love to get this one on DVD....shouldn't be too hard since it didn't last too long- could make a nice 2-disc set.[​IMG]