What's new

Foreplay or right to the movie? (1 Viewer)

Ray R

Stunt Coordinator
Do you pop in a DVD and go straight to play movie or do you do some foreplay to get in the mood? The reason I'm asking is I don't always feel comfortable going straight into a movie with the volume near reference. I sometimes put in a CD and listen to a few songs at a fairly loud volume to prepare me.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I usually dive right in, FULL FORCE
I may start off with some form of libations or lubrications.
I just grab the knob and crank it.
Anyone expecting less? :)
I usually go straight for the movie, foreplay is highly overrated! :D (at least in this case...)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
No no I have to be in the mood before I get up and plop it in.
Depends on the movie, for 'The Exorcist', I usually perform a full exorcism before the movie starts to get in the mood, repeatedly shouting "the Power of Christ compels you" at Sandra usually brings out the devil in her.
To get in the mood for 'Caligula' we invite friends round for a good old fashioned Roman Orgy and we soon lose interest in actually watching the movie.
If its a movie I've been looking forward too than I just put it on and watch it, than usually a few mins later I take it out when whatsername says she wasn't looking forward to it, ho hum.:frowning:
SIGNATURE PHOTO OF AMATEUR EXORCIST IN TOGA REMOVED.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I thought from the subject that 'foreplay' referred to watching the trailer first. :D Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I usually explore the menus looking for those damn easter eggs... :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Movie first but I don't play them that loud, though my wife would disagree. I'm usually about 12-15db below reference.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Before I watch a movie, I usually let a few tracks froma music CD play. I do this to give the amp time to warm up a bit. I found that this does make quite a difference.

The television is also turned on for about 10 minutes before watching a movie. Those darn RPTVs take a while before they give their best picture.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I put the movie in to watch the movie, forget the foreplay. After I see the film I worry about the other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks