Foreign object in a DVD player: funny story

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin C Brown, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

You know those little stickers that sometimes come on the outside of a new CD? I save those. With a jewel box: easy. Just put in front of the booklet behind the front plastic cover. With digi-packs, I put them underneath the CD when I put them back onto the digi-pack plastic holder thing.

Well, you can see where this is going... [​IMG] Played a CD last night, and when I put it back in the holder, couldn't find the little sticker that I knew should have been there. Looked on the floor, even got out a flashlight to try and look in the drawer of the player. Looked everywhere thinking (hoping) maybe it "floated" somewhere. Didn't see it anywhere. But I was freaking out that when I took the CD out of the holder, that the sticker came along with it, and got spun off inside the player when I played the CD.

DVD player worked fine, but I imagined the sticker was sitting on the bottom of the case, out of the way of the mechanicals or something.

Didn't sleep well, because I was so mad at myself. [​IMG] Today, found it on the floor in front of the player. It was a clear sticker with writing on it, that's how I missed it last night when I looked. Whew! [​IMG]

2. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

3. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Because he obsesses about the packaging(?) like most of us HTFers obsess about one thing AND another? [​IMG]

_Man_

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I save them too. I also saved the cardboard longboxes when CDs came in those.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Yup.

Yup.

And believe it or not, I saved those cardboard longboxes too. (I had this vision of doing a collage along one wall in my family room. Never did it though...)

[​IMG]

6. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    LOL! RE: the CD longboxes, I did that once upon a time also back when I was still my own guy... [​IMG]

_Man_

7. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Man- You must have a woman in your life now... [​IMG]

8. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Yeah, a woman and 2 hyperactive pre-schoolers!! [​IMG] Actually, the CD longboxes thing was just a phase that I got over long beforehand.

OTOH, even though my old comic book collection isn't all that big and is packed neatly into dedicated longboxes, the wife has repeatedly threatened to toss them out but good! Probably the only reason that hasn't happened yet is my promise to sell them off for some return $$$ although somehow I just never get around to doing it. :wink:

_Man_

9. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Or, just threaten to get rid of some of her shoes... (If your wife shops at all like mine does... [​IMG] )

10. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

or pocketbooks....

mine has more money spent on pocketbooks then i do on my system...of course we are not married, and i have yet to fund a pocket book...but i did get her a receiver and am in the process of picking out speakers...

Rich

11. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Rich- One of the 1st things I did was get my wife a receiver, speakers (old surrounds I had), DVD player (my old one), stereo VCR, and she got my TV when I upgraded too. She's a happy camper! [​IMG]

12. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    LOL w/ the shoes and pocket books. Fortunately, my wife doesn't spend too much on each individual piece although they do accumulate fast! [​IMG] Actually, I worry more about the massive build-up of toys for the kids. Seems like everyday I get home there's either a new toy or a new handbag or new shoes or all of the above. Meanwhile, I haven't gone shopping for clothes or shoes in a long time. Guess I could bring that up for my next HT upgrade... [​IMG]

_Man_