What's new

Ford Mustang Boss 351 with a V-10 engine!! (1 Viewer)

JasonMC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure like most US cars, the interior will be made with the cheapest plastic you can find. I always hate how Chevrolet and Ford worry so much about power output and don't put in much effort into the interior. They seem to make the interior out of the cheapest plastic you can find.
I can't wait to get a hold of the new BMW M5 in 2005. It will have a minimum 500HP from it's V-10 and will do 0-60 in approximately 3.8 seconds. All this from a 4-door family sedan with plush interior and handling. Of course, this will set you back $80,000.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm.. when they make a supercharged SVT Cobra V10 I'll finally be interested in buying a Ford. :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait to get a hold of the new BMW M5 in 2005. It will have a minimum 500HP from it's V-10 and will do 0-60 in approximately 3.8 seconds. All this from a 4-door family sedan with plush interior and handling.
Oh dear god man. I must have one.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I can't wait to get a hold of the new BMW M5 in 2005. It will have a minimum 500HP from it's V-10 and will do 0-60 in approximately 3.8 seconds. All this from a 4-door family sedan with plush interior and handling. Of course, this will set you back $80,000.
I'm with ya man. BMW's have been my favorite cars. I wish I could aford such a thing. Being 18 doesn't help.

Oh well.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Oh dear god man. I must have one.
Ya might want to wait until you see it, if you haven't (and this coming from a huge beamer fan.) The styling is much like the new 7 series, so you either love it or hate it. I personally like the current M5 body style better, but the engine and performance should help me get over the body.:)

And Ford has it head up it collective butt when it comes to the Mustang. AFTER Chevy discontinues the Camaro SS, THEN Ford decides to make a Stang that will walk all over it. Great timing boys! And why the supercharged engine, why not just drop a bigger engine in it, eh? Superchargers are for lazy engineers! A real engineer would get the same performance out of a well designed bigger engine! Bah!

No, I am not bitter with Ford at all! :D

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Scott,

Glad I am not the only one! It's not that the 7/new 5 series is ugly, it really isn't. It just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the lines of the current 3,5, and Z8 better.

JasonMC

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a BMW 540i Sport (6 speen manual 310HP V-8) and was looking forward to upgrading to the new M5. I agree that the styling is much different that the current model. I'll wait to see it in person before I make any judgements about the looks. It's also possible they will increase power output to 550HP. The 500HP is the minimum horsepower.
I LOVE my BMW.
Jason

Ryan_C

Second Unit
JasonMC,

You have a great car there, I'm jealous! ;) An old boss of a close friend had BOTH a 540i Sport and an M5 (actually at one point he had 2 540i's and the M5). My friend has driven them both, and said while the M5 has more power and is quicker, a 540i Sport is all any car enthusiast would ever need. What year is your 540i and how did you get 310 HP out of your 540i, I thought they came with the same V8 as the 7 series which had 282 HP. Did they bump up the HP recently from the 282 it previously had?

Scott L, they are using a V10. You won't ever find a blower or supercharger on a BMW. I read an article on the new V12 7 series in Motor Trend or Car and Driver in which the writer asked BMW's engineers why they didn't use a supercharged V8 like an AMG Benz, and the response from the BMW engineer was "Nein!" The article went on to say that basically BMW's engineers think that is a lazy way to get power and they insist on normally aspirated engines.

I was thinking about it this morning, and it's not that I don't like the new design of the 7 and soon to be 5 series. It is that they look too passive. The current 3 and 5 series along with the old 7 series look very aggressive, which I like better. Gives them more of a sporty look IMO.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
BMW's engineers think that is a lazy way to get power...
Try telling that to all the speedy SLK 500+ owners with big smiles on their faces. :) They gotta give in sooner or later, raw displacement is always nice except for the whole gas mileage issue.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If it were not for american cars ungodly sticker price, poor build quality, boring-to-ugly style, cheap interiors, lowest-bidder suspension, terrible resale value, inflated insurance costs, and a lack of progressive technology, I'd probably consider buying this car. But then I'd just decide I'd be better-off spending less of my money on a faster motorcycle AND a more practical foreign car.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks