What's new

Ford and Lucas talk Indiana 4,. LOOKIN good (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
Ford & Lucas Talk Indiana Jones 4!

Tuesday, April 16, 2002 6:32 CDT

Any "Indiana Jones" news is good news, right? Here's 'Ken' with the latest from last night's Entertainment Tonight...

I was watching Entertainment Tonight last night and both Harrison Ford and George Lucas were asked about Indy 4 by Leonard Maltin. For people who didn't know, Lucas was being awarded a lifetime achievement award by Bafta/La. Here's what they both had to say:

FORD: "It's going to happen. It's going to happen. We have what we all believe to be a good idea. There's a lot of work ahead of us, but we are all looking foward to it."

LUCAS: "If I finish up with Episode 2 this week I have to begin work in INDY 4 next week."

I think it's going to finally happen folks!!!!

Next week, wow, that came out of nowhere. Look for more 'Indy 4' news here soon!

found at comingsoon.net

I HOPE THIS IS TRUE.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
What the hell work is he gonna do on Indy 4? Call Spielberg? ;) J/K :D
He did say 'if' he finished up on episode 2, then he 'would' have to start Indy next week, kind of hinting that there may not be enough time on his calander between episode 2 and episode 3 for Indy 4.
We'll see. I have been hearing this kind of thing for over 6 years now. Cross your fingers.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I for one will not miss a chance to see Ford behind the hat again. Very good news indeed.
Peace Out~:D

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I also wouldn't miss a chance to see Indy grace the screens again! I would go more nuts for this than ANY Star Wars movie.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I hope they can constrain themselves to keep the CGI to a minimum. I think it would be great if they would try to do it "the old way" as much as possible just to show that the old way still works.

Jeff Graebner

Auditioning
Lucas did produce "Raiders of the Lost Ark" inbetween "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi", so I guess it isn't that farfetched to imagine that he would produce another Indiana Jones film inbetween episodes 2 and 3.

I'd say the bigger time issue would be working the film into Spielberg's schedule. His recent pattern has been to make 2 or 3 films in a row and then take a couple years off. He is just starting production on his 3rd film in a row ("Catch Me If You Can"), so the big question is how soon he will be willing/able to tackle Indy 4.

-Jeff

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Lucas could write a script for Episode 3 (if he didn't already), have them prepare all the CGI and storyboards for it, do all the Indy 4 stuff (which Spielberg is heavily involved with, too), then shoot Episode 3 and finish that. So Episode 3 could be in preproduction for the duration of the shoot of Indy 4, then be in production while Indy 4 is in postproduction.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I would assume Lucas is going to wrote the story, or at least the ideas of the story. Then someone will write a screenplay from that, maybe Kasdan. Spielberg will direct and Lucas may produce.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Am I remembering correctly that Lucas said the reason he wasn't going to do the OT DVD's until after Ep. III is because they're a lot of work and he doesn't have time? If this is the case then how does he have the time to do Indy?

I'm just curious. I'm not trying to bash Lucas.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Quite simple. You aren't gonna get the original DVD until after Episode III, because that's the way he wants it.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's probably the case but it's a lousy thing to do to SW fans. I know that he wants to include new footage to tie the two series together but why couldn't he give us an original bare bones edition? He knows that we'll buy a special edition as well.

An old argument, I know...

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I can only hope he ends up giving us the originals. If not, I already have them and a DVD-R.;)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yep, there is something screwy going on here. How in the world is Lucas going to work on IJ4 before SW3 is started? The only thing it means to me is that SW3 will get delayed, which in turn will delay the 're'-production of the OT. 2005? Don't I wish? Let's go for 2007!

Glenn

P.S. We can always turn this into a poll. Vote for either IJ4 or keep to the production dates and get SW3 out on time! (Oh, along with the OT, of course)

P.P.S. Can't resist - Maybe Lucas will just clone himself. After all, episode 2 is Attack of the CLONES!

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I very much doubt Lucas is gonna delay the schedule for Episode III now that the other are are in the bag and on a schedule. Lucas is not doing a whole lot on Indy 4 other than initial story ideas and producing. Spielberg will have the biggest job to do. I believe they can get it in.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Uh oh. Spielberg isn't the same man he was 20 years ago. Is Indiana Jones going to reach to his holster and pull out his... walkie talkie?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks