What's new

forcing which channels tivo is recording... (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey all -

i don't remember if i asked this here, but this is driving me crazy.

how do i "tell" tivo which two channels i want to have simultaneously buffering?

sometimes, i'll notice that tuner1 is recording something stupid, while tuner2 is recording what i'd like.

so, i go to tuner1, then change the channel to something i like. then i go back to tuner2. when i check to see what is recording on tuner1, it's not the new channel i just selected for tuner1.

then i have to start jumping around, switching channels, until i finally get the two tuners "synched up" to what i'd like.

gawd, i hope that makes sense.

anyway, if anyone has any ideas, i'd appreciate it.

thx!

ted

Bob Jackson

Stunt Coordinator
If Tuner A is on 234 and Tuner B is on 456 and you switch (TA) to 456 TiVo will actually just swap tuners instead of having TA and TB set to 456 - so TA will then be 456 and TB be 234.

If you pause before you switch, TiVo should definetly ask you when it needs to switch the channel on the other tuner to record a ToDo List item or suggestion.

The only way to FORCE TiVo to stay on channels is to set it to record what you want, then delete the show later when you are done watching. This is what I do when my Mother In Law is over and watching the football game 1) TiVo won't ever ask her to switch 2) I get to see if anything I set up will conflict right then and give me a few minutes to figure out conflicts 3) No accidentally switching channels and dumping the buffer.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx bob. i think i get what you're saying. i guess recording may be my only option.

so, it doesn't sound like my scenario would work:

ta is on 234. tb is on 456. i like what is on ta, but suddenly notice there is something i'd like to buffer on 789. i thought i could stay on ta, then change the channel to 789 and that would become the buffer on tb, with ta still buffering 234.

oh well...thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks