What's new

Force of Evil French DVD (1 Viewer)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Can anyone comment on the quality of the recent French release of the noir classic Force of Evil? I think the releasing label was Wildside. What is their track record, and do they have any other notable releases? From the parts of a French review (which I found on DVD Basen) that I could understand, it seems to be a good disc. I would very much like to hear more feedback, though.

Thanks,

Jon

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...well... here's a French review of the disc - the latter appears to be pretty damn good for such an old movie (but note that the English-language version has "hard" - i.e. non-removable - French subtitles)...

. . . . . .

Andrew_K

Stunt Coordinator
Beacuse the movie has both French and English audio I don't think that subtitles are really "hard" i.e. burnt-in. They are most probably only forced when played with English audio and that can be easily defeated by using a proper DVD player or software such as DVD Region Free.

Wildside have a very good history.

The English language DVDs I've bought from them do have locked French subtitles but these can be removed on many DVD players easily (on my Toshiba for one).

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

I have just ordered a Philips 727. Does anyone know if this player would have trouble removing the subtitles? What is the difficulty in removing the subtitles if they are 'locked' and/or 'hard'?

Thanks,
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks