What's new

For you smartie-pants people (1 Viewer)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Matthew_rm:

3 pieces of advice:

1)Ignore
2)Ignore some more
3)Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you achieve the desired effect.

-j

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Go Costanza on them:
"Well, the jerk store called, and they're runnin' out of you!"
If that doesn't work, go with Costanza's Ultimate:
"Well, I had sex with your wife!"
Gets 'em every time. . . :D
-mwb-

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Thanks for the replies guys! I guess me ignoring them (or trying to) has worked. And the eye-rolling does a good job..You are right. She has a "crush" on me. She found out I knew,and went off on this "I hate Matt" kinda thing. Oh well. (she still likes me i think hah)

How did you figure she liked me guys??

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey, give him some slack...he lives in Grande Prairie! You know...small town, hot gossip, no privacy, limited social interaction...He could very well be 40. :D
Matt, ask her out on a date. ;)

Brad_V

Second Unit
Is the girl hot? If she's not, then why do you care?

If she is, then you need to explain the situation in more detail. She wouldn't be around you if she didn't like you. Women are dumb that way.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Of couse, some HTF members might suggest going into long and gory details about the latest ritual sacrifice in the local Esoteric Order of Dagon, but that would be really childish.
Is that where they draw pentagrams on the ground, dance and cahortle and frolic about, while in the center a large microwave cooks vast quantities of marshmellow peeps?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
She was just trying to get your attention, and as you can see, it worked. If she didn't care anything at all about you, she'd never say a thing, and you'd probably never even see her. Yeah, I'd ask her out too, and don't judge what you know about her now, because the her whole act could just have been a 'front' to get your attention.

Glenn

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Matthew,
1)
I agree with others that the girl may like you, but isn't comfortable with that.

She might also have relational problems, where she will be your best friend until you begin to reciprocate. Then she'll pull away and get away from you. If you start to ignore her, she'll suddenly start taking a great interest in you. If so, she is either immature, or has emotional problems (or both). Tread cautiously because it's a hard thing to deal with.

Or, she might just despise you for no good reason (I've experienced that), and just wants to yank your chain.

Two approaches:
a) Ignore her, like others said.
b) Confront her, and tell you don't appreciate how she treats you, and she needs to straighten up, or lose you as a friend.

2) This can be comples. Here are some possibilities:
He's your friend, cares about you, and...
a) wants to share the "good news" (literal translation of "gospel").
b) doesn't understand that witnessing is about love and not quotas.
c) is letting his enthusiasm and excitement about his spiritual life cloud his perception of how he's really hassling you.

He's not your friend, and...
a) (see above)
b) (see above)
c) (see above)
d) is just being a jerk
e) thinks he's doing the right thing, but doesn't grasp that he's doing more harm than good.

Suggestions: If he's your friend, tell him that he's not helping things by hassling you. Ask him how he'd feel if you alwasy nagged him about the need for good dental hygiene, even though he obviously doesn't care as much as you do.

If he's not your friend, blow him off, or tell him he's being annoying.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks