For X-Box deal, run to Virgin megastore with Amex Blue

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian W. Ralston, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I thought I would put this here since the coupons and Bargains area does not always get the traffic this deal deserves.
    Today I picked up a X-Box console, an extra controller, a memory card and two games of my choice at a Virgin Mega store in LA for a grand total of $354.90 using my AMEX Blue card.
    Now with Amex Blue, anything in a Virgin Megastore is 30% off (even off of store sale prices so even sale DVDs and CDs work as well). Virgin was selling the X-Box in one of their bundles as I mentioned above which after taxes came to $507. Subtract the 30% discount from that total
    ( -$154.10) and I walked home with one hell of a deal.
    I am so excited. This is my first game system since Atari believe it or not and I was on the fence about it till I found out I could use AMEX Blue for this discount at Virgin. I couldn't pass it up. I am setting it up this evening.
    I believe the deal with Virgin and AMEX Blue is only till Dec. 26 so hurry.
    [​IMG]

2. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Wow congrats! your going to love that Xbox [​IMG]
    Dean

3. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

WHAT!! My xbox is on my Amex blue anyway. I think I'm gonna return it tomorrow and go to Virgin and get the bundle. Did they seem to have many bundles in stock?

4. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston
    Luckily here in LA we basically have 4-5 stores throughout SoCal. I called first thing this morning and the store in Burbank had 5 systems in stock. When I arrived at the store 40 minutes later, they had 4 (all behind the counter, you had to ask for them as they were not displayed). Some guy a few ahead of me in line bought 3 of the 4. I got the last one at that Virgin store today. They said they are getting more in all the time though.

They were actually out of DOA3 which I wanted as one of my two game picks so I just took any old game and went to another Virgin store that had DOA3 in stock and exchanged the unopened game with no problem.

Virgin won't have 20-30 X-Boxes like a Best Buy would, they probably only get 5-8 at a time. But with this deal going on with AMEX Blue, it is worth the time in getting it from Virgin. Also..their "bundle" is not set in terms of games. You get the extra controller, the memory unit (which really is not needed), and you just get to pick two X-Box games off their shelves. They don't limit you to bundles with pre-picked games. That was another good thing about it.

5. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I'm asking because the closet Virgin to me is an hour away, BUT I will be home (New Orleans) for xmas from the 20th-27th so I can go to the Virgin there and get one. I just hate returning mine and getting there and them being out. I could always just buy another one here in Tampa when I get back though so I'll probably take the chance.

6. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston
    David,
    from Virgin Mega Store , the New Orleans number is
    Jackson Brewery- Brewhouse
    620 Decatur Street, 1st Floor
    New Orleans, LA 70130
    (504) 671-8100
    Call them when you are close being there are see if they have any in stock. The AMEX deal ends after the 26th so it looks like New Orleans is your best bet.
    Best of Luck in them having one.

7. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Wow, that is one hela-sweet deal! Too bad there aren't any Virgins around me. (wait...I'm not sure that came out right...) [​IMG]

8. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

Just picked up Final Fantasy x for $34.99 and the Godfather DVD set for $55.99. Thank you AMEX!!!

9. John Sun

John Sun Agent

I called the Burbank store and they not only said they were out of X-Boxes but that they would not be getting any more in until after x-mas. Same story from the sunset blvd. store. Oh well, I'll plan on buying a couple hundred dollars worth of DVDs and CDs.