**For us poor people**

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Being in high school, I can't have Sony XBR.
However, in terms of flat screens, what do you think of "Prima." They are very well priced. Also, don't seem to bad. My friend has a 24, and it's nice! I could get a 27" flat screen Prima for $399.99CDN. (like $20.00USD
)
Thats how much a 19"RCA costs!

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

No I mean like these off brand TV names. Same goes for the $100 DVD players ...

You may find the set going on the fritz in a year ... or less ... track record for such off brands is not good.

Really have to be careful where you put your hard earned dollars.

Regards

Roel_S

Agent
I would go for the Samsung Flat Screen TV's if you're willing to spend around $400 - $450...

Tony_Woods

Stunt Coordinator
I paid $349 for my Akai 27" flat screen. It's a clone of the highly regarded Samsung model. If you have a Sams Club near by, check it out. On a similar note, I noticed K-Mart has a like of "Apex" Flat Screen TV's. I'm not personally interested in one, but out of curiousity does anyone have an experience with them?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
With a TV that small do you really need the flat screen? Just curious. I always wanted the Wegae, but all the geometry issues with the flat screen TV's really turned me off.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Yeah, samsung has a 27HDTV for $1000CDN! Also, I like the 32inch round screens. (Toshiba, Sony, ect) Its for my bedroom, and one of these day's I'll buy one.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Honestly, I've had a 27" Trinitron (not Wega) for three years now, and am still blown away by how well it displays an anamorphic disc (that is, after a trip into service mode to turn on anamorphic squeeze....a VERY simple process). I paid $500 for mine, but I know the cost has gone down significantly. It has done me proud for my years on a shoestring HT budget.

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
Call me crazy but I bought the 27 jvc flat screen for $899 Cdn and im in high school 2. If u can get a flat for 300 Cdn then I dont care what brand it is ------ take it.

Craig R

Auditioning
I've seen the Apex cheapo flat screen at Circuit City and the image quality is really bad. Maybe they just had a screwed up TV on display, but at such a low price, I suspect they all look that bad.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I didn't know the old regular trinitron tv's could do the squeeze. I have a 27" that's a year or two old and I would love to enable the squeeze if it's available on my set. Anyone know for sure? I think the model is: 27v42 or similar.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macoco