What's new

For TV shows, VUDU or Amazon? (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
While I've completely jumped into Movies Anywhere and have redeemed or purchased movies at multiple retailers, I haven't ventured too much into streaming TV.

Right now, Timeless is on sale at Vudu and Amazon, where the total price for two seasons streaming in HD is about the same as the price of the season 1 DVD set. (Although season 2 just seemed to jump up a little bit on Vudu.)

My primary streaming devices are a Fire TV in the living room and a Fire Stick in the bedroom. Amazon doesn't offer a Vudu app. However, I do have access to Vudu via my blu-ray player.

I'm looking for recommendations as to which service would be better to purchase from.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I would go with Vudu. Not sure if Amazon is full 1080P.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I guess this could be considered a follow up question.

Do season sets (or bundles) get pro-rated if you buy individual episodes beforehand?

Let's say I buy Flash season 4, and then want to buy the Crisis on Earth-X bundle to get the crossover episodes from the other shows, will the crossover be pro-rated since I already have the Flash episode in the season? (Or vice versa if I buy the other way around.)

The crossover bundle is a deal if I don't have any episodes. It's $9.99 vs. $2.99 per episode (times 4 episodes = $11.96). But only buying the 3 non-Flash episodes is $8.97.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
You can buy an episode and get the prorated amount on the rest of the season, but I don't think the same goes for a bundle...

70CDFD3D-7517-44DB-80DD-DCBE1DA7B79B.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks