For Trade: Panasonic 32hx41 hdtv for analog set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Theron Shaffer, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Theron Shaffer

I have a perfect-as-new Panasonic 32HX-41 32" high definition flat-screen television that I would be willing to trade straight up for a 36" or larger analog rear projection television or flat screen set.

The Panasonic is 7 months old and comes with box and all manuals. It is 480P and 1080i capable, can act as the center speaker in a surround system (fantastic sound), and has a great line-doubler that really makes regular cable broadcasts look outstanding with a strong cable signal. I purchased this set for use with an Xbox system and it is simply amazing. Features auto anamorphic squeeze for widescreen dvd's.

So why part with it? Time and expenses. With a young family, the Xbox is collecting dust. Television viewing has dropped to primarily movies and we are dropping cable in the near future. In checking this television with just local broadcasts I found I actually preferred our old analog set. With cable it is obviously no contest, the hdtv set blows it away. Additionally, redecorating our home means the television is going to be moved to a viewing distance so far away I would actually prefer size over clarity/detail.

If anyone has any interest in moving into hdtv or picking up a second one and has an analog set to offer, please feel free to drop me an email or post and let me know which model you would consider parting with. I would be glad to point you to my ebay feedback as an example of the effort I make toward solid, reliable transactions....just looking for an exchange that would be beneficial for both of us based on needs. I am located in Iowa. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    where do you live?

3. kelly t.

kelly t. Stunt Coordinator

drop me a emailclick here i might be interested.i have a sony 43 inch rear
    pro. model(not sure the model number right of hand) it is a year old with stand. i live in indiana if interested we could meet somewere in illinois.
    kelly

4. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

Where do you live? If you are in or near the South, shoot me an email.

5. Theron Shaffer

Sorry, I kind of threw the location in there where it wasnt obvious. I am located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa....so it would probably have to be an exchange in the midwest reasonably close. I dont mind meeting halfway if it was a good deal for both of us.

6. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

Theron, I am interested and live in SD, what tv are you looking for in trade?

7. Theron Shaffer

Kevin, I was just in South Dakota over the weekend....that would have been great timing!
    I am not necessarily set on a specific television. I would just prefer somthing larger as the TV viewing distance will be pretty far away. I guess I would prefer a projection television, but not dead set on it. 36" minimum. I am looking to most likely go back to analog because I need to move to a larger size without spending a great deal of money and am scaling back on equipment. I might be willing to throw in a hundred or two if the sets werent exactly equitable, but I was thinking someone out there with the equipment to take advantage of it may be looking to move into hdtv. I guess its a "willing to give up better to go larger" idea.
    If you had somthing in mind, feel free to drop me a message or email [email protected] and let me know what model you might want to part with.

8. Bill Street

Bill Street Stunt Coordinator

Hi! You've got mail!

Bill S.