What's new

For those with NBA STREET (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Do any of you find it extremely difficult to perform different dunks? I, for the life of me, continue to make the same stupid moves over and over. I also can't get a win for the life of me. Even if I go up 4 or 5 points, the cpu takes over and wins by two every time...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
On Easy I have been dominating. I haven't tried a harder level yet since I just got it (actually my g/f's brother bought it, but I will once this vacation is over).
I get various dunks using varieties of the R1,2 L1,2 buttons, very much like SSX (IMHO).
I also saw Glenn Robinson due his patened drop step to the lane move, but I don't know what buttons I mashed to make that happen. My guess though is that many of the players have secret moves for their personality beyond the normal variety of moves.
Also, you do know you can goaltend right? I often take my big man and hang near the rim for big blocks (turbo also seems to help on blocking alley-oops). You run up big gamebreaker points doing that.

GaryP

Second Unit
Rob,
Hang in there, it's a little tough at first (and highly frustrating), but it gets better. I refused to put the game on Easy mode, so I started City Circuit on Medium right from the beginning. I can't stress enough how important disciplined defense is in this game. You cannot let the CPU get more than one Gamebreaker (if any at all), those were just killing me. Basically once I learned not to "D up" so close to the ball handler everything started going just fine from there. If they can't do any combo moves on you, their Gamebreaker meter hardly moves up, which is definitely a good thing. Anyway, I'm already through with the City Circuit, now I'm working through the Hold the Court mode to unlock some more player create features. As far as dunks, I'm not really sure what problems you are running into. Just to make sure you know, even though all the shoulder buttons = turbo, when used in different combinations, you get a wide variety of slams. That's about all I have to offer.
Gary
------------------
Hey bartender.....Joboo needs a refill.

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Rob,
Well if it doesn't hurt your pride too much :), I would kick the game down to easy difficulty for a while. This will help you get your game down and hone your skills. Defense is really the key. Keep a big man down low and block shots. Goaltending extreme is the recicpe for success.
As for different dunks, mix up the shoulder pads you press as you dunk. For example holding R1 & R2 will give you a different dunk than L1 & R1.
Hope that helps. Good luck.
Kip

Van Patton

Second Unit
I bought this game last Saturday and am I think 30-26 on medium diffuculty. I've beaten every region except the last which I only have about 3 games left then I face the final "boss". The thing that works best for me is to have Shaq just stay by the goal and conserve my turbo until they attempt to throw up that brick then I swat it down and do a fast break with MJ. The best defense in my case is a good offense. I mix it up a lot; if you dont the AI will notice somethings up and block all your long ranges or just guard the goal.
------------------

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't take long for Easy to become a cakewalk. I'm trying to get through some things quickly so I left it on easy and am around 25-0 (I first played at a friends house for a few days and want to get back to the point I was at).
I agree with keeping their gamebreaker down. And if you are not going for big points, but just the win, make your gamebreakers the 2 pointers always, not the dunk. Also, with any decent 3 shooter you are certain to hit it as a gamebreaker, but beware of the CPU being close enought to block it (ball fake/move first...picks work well too).
And use the power-ups.
Here's 2 that I know are helpful
Unlimited turbo - 2,0,3,0
and 1 I found by accident and haven't seen at Gamespot
Mad Handles - 3,2,1,0
With Mad Handles you can load up on trick moves and bump your points up quicker which means more gamebreakers. On Easy I can get my first gamebreaker within 4 game points.
Also, on medium you will find that your ability to goaltend is reduced somewhat.
Don't always grab NBA guys when you beat a team, only a few are really helpful. Get MCGRADY EARLY, he can block, fake, dunk, even 3 a bit. Vince Carter is pretty nice too. But I avoid most other guys till Alonzo. Even Rahim has little to offer. I have also found that if you go with more athletic, dunker types you will get more chances for alley-oop combos. When I run with Jordan, McGrady and Carter, they are constantly going up for multi-oops, and that means big points.
I love the look of the "little people" mode, but damn, I just can't get blocks in that mode unless I am up on a guy. :)
Is there anything funnier than the 3LW girls dunking on guys like Zo or Shaq.
laugh.gif
What a kick-ass game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks