For those with DVI, what cables are you using?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Leo_P, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I just bought the Samsung DVDHD931 Progressive Scan DVD Player off of the HTF Deals page. This thing has DVI out, which I'll be hooking up to either a Sony 34" HS510 or an XBR910.
    Now I emailed Onecall.com and they suggested this DVI cable. Now, I'm no cheap-skate, but there's NO WAY I'm paying $200 to hook up a $250 DVD player.[​IMG] Then I checked out bettercables.com, which has a 2-meter DVI cable for $90. IMHO, that's still a lot to pay for ONE cable, but it's a LOT more reasonable than the Monster and I could see myself going this route.
    Then, using the old "search" function on this forum, I came up with this place. They have a 1-meter cable for $17! Can those things be any good?
    I don't wanna skimp on the cable, but I damn sure am NOT spending $200. So what's the verdict?

2. KevinFC

KevinFC Stunt Coordinator

Leo,

My email address is [email protected]. I have sold many on the hardware page. Mcables are 7 ft long. I sold 1 to my neighbor who has the same dvd player and he has a Sammy 61 DLP....picture looks great. My next buy will be that very same DVD player. If your interested there are DVI-D and they go for 6 dollars plus shipping. They are all brand new in bags.

3. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

I am one that firmly believes cables make a difference and as such have various Monster and BetterCables in my system.

As far as DVI goes, I have personally seen the Monster at work as well as a Pacific Cable one and highly recommend the Pacific Cable. The value is extraordinary. Get it and be happy.[​IMG]

BTW: I am using DVI from my SAT-HD200 and my HLN4365w.