For those who thing the Nintendo GameCube is only for kids or crap like that

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Haris Ellahi, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

2. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Yea, whatever.

...and crap like that.

3. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Let me guess, you own a Xbox. [​IMG]

4. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Haris,

I'm not a fanboy, but Nintendo's current lineup is completely devoid of M rated titles.

They get their reputation of being a kids company not from Bill Gates, as this article would lead you to believe, but from back in the SNES days when the made Mortal Kombat tone down the violence. I own an N64, and happen to like it, but it too was devoid of good mature titles.

The Gamecube has the stigma of being a kiddie system because of Nintendo's history. So far, aside from Resident Evil, it doesn't look like they are trying to buck it that much.

But I mean, there always has to be an alternative in the market, and I think Gamecube will survive because it is seeking a different audience than that of PS2 or X-Box, generally. And, hey, who doesn't enjoy a good platformer?

5. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

6. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

If the games are fun, who cares about the ratings? I bought a GameCube because I liked the games for it then and the ones that, as Galadriel said, "have not yet come to pass," not because they were M rated or not.

People who don't like games that don't have M ratings are either stupid, immature, or close minded. For the true gamers, they could care less.

The kiddie image for Nintendo will be gone soon enough, and if it isn't, they will still have that "best first party games" image.

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

9. Romier S

Romier S Producer

I can't understand these types of arguments. Do any of you (Morgan, Neil, Haris) work for Nintendo?? Who cares what kind of image they have. What difference does a size of a console make??? Honestly do you know how ridiculous some of this sounds. I'd swear you were writing job applications for the Big N.

What is so difficult about enjoying the console you purchased and playing the games you enjoy without having to beat everyone over the heads with useless rhetoric.

I still hold to the theory that a "fanboy" is nothing but a gamer that feels the need to validate the purchase of the console they bought. In there minds they hope to god they made the right decision and as soon as some news comes out such as "Microsoft sells so forth and so many consoles" or "Sony gets this exclusive" they feel the need to bash everything else to make themselves feel better.

Plain and simple just play what you enjoy and keep your bashing statements to yourselves. This is not Usenet.

10. Kip

Kip Stunt Coordinator

Romier,

You ever feel sometimes like we're spitting into the wind?

Kip

11. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Whoa, Romier. What fanboy comments have I made recently? So what if I think Nintendo is playing their cards right. So what if I like their games. I want an X-Box, I know how much more powerful it is, and I've expressed that before.

You said in another thread that you just took me off your block list, which would mean you've missed out on a lot of my posts, most of which had nothing to do with console loyalty.

If I prefer the GameCube for any reason at all, does that make me a fanboy? No, and it shouldn't. If I said that Nintendo was the best company ever and that all the competition sucks, then I would be a fanboy, but I don't because thats not what I think. I'm sorry if you mistook a comment or two as fanboyism, but its not.

If anything, you seem to be anti-Nintendo in almost everything you say. Are you an MS or Sony fanboy?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I'm just speaking things as I see them.

12. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, i don't know why every time someone says something positive about gamecube, they are instantly a "fanboy." I enjoy the gamecube and ps2. Some of my comments are pro-nintendo but i've also expressed the fact that i like ps2. There are some things i don't like about the x-box and i think i'm entitled to that opinion. This is a forum where everyone should be able to say what is on their mind without being attacked for their opinions. I've noticed that many people are ready to attack once a pro-nintendo comment has been stated. That's fine if you want to do that. I refuse to attack anyone just because they have an opinion that differs from mine. Let's just end this stupidity and talk about some gaming.

13. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

deleted by poster

14. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Yes, Neil, you have been the one playing the console wars game. Now you try and act all innocent about it? Ike is totally right in his post.

15. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Oops, Ryan, I deleted it. I just felt that, you know what, it's not my problem, and I shouldn't care. So I deleted it. Sorry now that you've refrenced it.

16. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Ryan, i'm not playing any console war games anymore. Obviuosly you don't read well so let me say this again:

17. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Neil, thanks for turning over a new leaf here... You'll be able to enjoy it more.

18. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    Whatever!!!

Can we please stop the pissing contest!!!!

19. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Since the issue is not really about fanboys right now but about the tolerance of people, I think we should continue this topic a little more, but without violence.

If I say "I like the GameCube, so I bought it, but don't want an X-Box right now" it is considered by some as a fanboy comment when it is not. If I were to say "X-Box is the best thing to happen to gaming" nothing would happen, but that is more of a fanboy comment than what I just said about the GameCube. This means that either people hate Nintendo and thus, anyone who has anything good to say about them, or is just paranoid. I seriously think people should stop being so rude about one positive comment about Nintendo and just see it as someone else's opinion.

And if a thread like this is going to start flame wars, then why post in it? You would just be contributing.

20. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Im not gonna bother......

Honestly lets stop this whole mess. Steven is right, there is no reason to be in a pissing contest over this. Move on and lets get to playing our games.

Morgan,

its all about context my friend. Positive comments are good but when you post things X-box+HDTV=crap. That is asking for trouble. Believe me if someone came on here and posted: "Gamecube sucks,its just a kid system and there is not reason to buy it.". We would be just as hard on the fool who posted something so stupid.