For those who need to download their collection in DVD Profiler...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Lenhardt, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Since Downloading from MyProfiler is disabled in version 2.0, Intervocative has made it availiable through their website.

Go to DVDProfiler.com, click on "My Profiler" from the side bar on the left, and click on "my collection" in the submenu that opens up.

Login with your Profiler username and password, and click on Download Backup. The site will convert your online collection into a backup file (which includes personalizations such as purchase date and ratings) which can then be loaded through the Restore Database function in the program itself.

Thanks for doing this InterVocative! Total lifesaver!

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Adam,
    On a different note: is that backup file standard in any way (non-proprietary)?
    I ask this, because I'm stil not using DVD Profiler, although I was one of the first people to try the first version back in 1998 or 1999.
    But by then I already had 400 DVDs in my Paradox database, and there simply wasn't an import function in Profiler. I didn't fancy to enter all that data by hand anew.
    Now my problem is even much severe (>1600 DVDs [​IMG] ). But I still like Profiler, so I'm waiting until they can import from another database (e.g. a TAB-delimited text-file).
    Hence my question.
    I hope you know the answer, thanks beforehand.
    Cees

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

It's the standard DVD Profiler backup format... .dpb format. If that was workable before, it should work now. If it wasn't, well, it probably still won't work.

As an aside, have you considered getting a UPC code scanner? Profiler supports it, and I've been told by those with massive collections such as yours that it speeds up the process by an incredible ammount.

4. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Adam,

Thanks.
    No, that format wouldn't work. Yes, Steve Tannehill used to say the same thing about the scanner. In fact I have one since a few months ago. Still, the idea of having to go through all my DVD's is a bit discouraging...especially, because I also have some personal information added to each title.

Well, who knows.

Cees