for those who have willow on DVD, can you give us some reviews :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd stone, Nov 23, 2001.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

nt

2. Michael Dehaven

Michael Dehaven Stunt Coordinator

The image quality is fantastic and the audio is quite good. My nine year old had never seen this one and we had a grand time with it.Recommended

3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
  4. Rich E

Rich E Agent

I pretty much agree with everyone above, I saw this movie in the theater and loved it, I purposely avoided on tape for years because I knew the quality was horrible.

The quality of the dvd image make up for some of the short comings of late eighties special effects work, which always look horrible when blown up on a pan and scan videotape.

The only thing bad I can say about it is that a george lucas/ron howard commentary would have been nice.

Also it's really sad to watch the documentary and see how hard everyone worked on the film and then to look at the horrible "artwork" on the dvd cover.

I know this is a minor point but it's very strange when all during the documentary there is an original "willow" poster on the wall behind dennis muren and somehow the person who did the box cover decided that wasn't good enough.

5. Ernest

Ernest Supporting Actor

The DVD is fabulous. I owned the laserdisc and it was very good but the DVD suprised me and is even better. The DVD displayed a very film like picture playing in my JVC progressive scan player.

6. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

I'm not really a fan of the film, but I thought the disc's audio/video were quite good.

I will reveal a small treat that I found on the disc, which nobody's seemed to have spotted yet. If you like finding easter eggs on your own, skip past this message.

Go to the TV Spots menu.

Go down to "more". Instead of clicking on "more", click "right" with your remote. A small graphic will appear. Click and you'll be shown another 8 minute featurette on the film's visual effects.

7. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

Todd, I totally agree with everyone who post about the video. It is the best video presentation I've seen of this movie since the theatrical release, I saw it about 11 or 12 times. A must for your video library IMO. [​IMG]
    L

8. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Looks like it was made yesterday, it's beautiful, gorgeous, one hell of a transfer! And it's a fantastic, funny, fantasy film.

As far as I'm concerned run don't walk to pick this one up!!!

9. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I've never seen it, but after the AOTC trailers, I'm feeling the love for George Lucas again. [​IMG] I plan to pick it up next week.

10. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    I had never seen this movie until I watched the DVD yesterday. The transfer, as noted by others, is top notch. Many films from the 1980s don't seem to look too good on DVD, but this is just fine. I also enjoyed the docu that pointed out that this film was the first to use digital effects.

11. Chris Tinglin

Well, Kyle liked it so much, he had it featured on his main page this past week. It's a pretty decent DVD, and it even has an easter egg (if you like such things)!
    Not a bad buy.