What's new

For those who don't like BOSE do any of you have bose in your cars? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Buying a different car just because it has a Bose system in it sounds a little extreme to me. Just my .02

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
I think the point we should make is that in terms of stock car systems, Bose systems are pretty decent to one of the best you can get especially when it doesn't come in a separate package. Now we're most likely paying a lot for it but as much as some of you hate Bose you have to admit that for those who don't ever go aftermarket in car audio, a car with Bose system standard is a pretty good deal.

gomez_a

Stunt Coordinator
Listen to my story, . . . .

. . .I just bought a new acura 2002 tl-s, had it 4 weeks before I decided that the sound was intolerable, by this I mean the the Bose spekaers sounded muddy, there was no sharpness or edge in the music, it "sounded' like trying to cut a steak with a butter knife, It got to the point where I no longer listened to CD's in my car . . . so 2 weks ago I went to CC to audition some car speakers, so I lestend to these 2-way Polk 602a spkrs and the sounded pretty goods, since they were on sale because they were being phased out, I decided to replace All 4 stock Bose speakers for $210 (install and hdwr included) and that made a tremendous diff in the sound quality, and mind you, these were not top of the line spkrs. That 'muddy' sound is 90% eradicated now, the 10% is coming from the factory Bose sub still in my car

I kept the stock CD changer (Pioneer, I think), radio (Pioneer also, I think), and spkr amp (bose), and subwoofer (bose). So, for $210, or less if you do the install yourself, you can change out the Bose factory spkrs in your car and get a tremondous improvment in the sound

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I've got a Bose System in my Acura Legend, and it sounds ok.

I'd like to get something else, but I think that I would lose the steering wheel mounted controls, which I could not cope with (love those things!).

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
My 2000 Mazda Miata has a Bose system in it. Bass is way to boomy, but it doesn't really matter. I don't use the sound system anyway with the top down, and the FM duals I installed sound so sweet, I hate to cover that up with anything else. :D I probably haven't used it more that an hour total in the year and a half I've had the car.

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
I have bose in both my vette and camaro. I have people come up to me all the time and ask let me see you system. I tell them that its stock and then I show them. And people cant believe it. I love them (for cars) however if you ever blow one. You have to replace it with bose, you cant just add any speaker. And if you do have to replace it you will pay.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I have had Bose at home and in the car. I got the Bose Acoustimass 10 system while I was still a newbie. I have since upgraded to a Paradigm system. The Bose home theater speakers have hole all over the frequency range. Big ones. I would never never buy Bose for my home again.
As for in the car, like others here, I have a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL. The factory Bose system is sufficiant. Besides, I do not do any critical listening in the car. How can you with all the road noise. If I want to really listen to something I will listen to it on my properly calibrated Home theater system which I have spent thousands of dollars on. Anyways, I didn't buy the car for the stereo, I got it because it has so many features for the price, (And I couldn't afford the BMW that I wanted).

BruceD

Screenwriter
You should listen to the Dynaudio speaker systems in some of the Volvos.

Now that is a sweet sound. I may try to replace the speakers in my 10 year old Saab 9000T with Dyns, but I'll probably need a new amp to do that.

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
I've had 2 bose systems and they are not working.

89 maxima lasted 1 yr.

94 Q45, 2yrs.

Mr. Fisher,

Seems to me a "dead bear" had nothing to do with the last "Iron Bowl" score. :)

War Eagle? I think not.

Roll Tide

Stephen_Dar

Stunt Coordinator
I too bought a car (300zx) that came with a factory Bose sound system, and until I saw your post I had forgotton that I actually own Bose and what a disappointment the sound system was. Even when I first got the car and assumed people would be imprssed by a bose sound system, I noted that people with more listening experience than me were not impressed. Having said this, my feeling is that car audio is crap, a car is a lousy place to listen to hi fidelity recording (ie, anything other than loud pop) no matter what you have, and I'm not interested. All I listen to in the car is talk radio.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Anybody here have a chance to listen to the Mark Levinson audio system in the Lexus SC430?

That covertible is to die for, but I'm wondering if the audio system was truly built from scratch or a mix of old/new tech with a shiny ML badge on it.

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a link to one reason I like the Bose system in my new Bravada. http://www.bose.com/products/auto/tech-windows2.html And it's not Marketing hype it works.
How does AudioPilot work?
A microphone continuously monitors the total sound level inside the car- both the music you want to hear and the noise you don’t. Then, Bose digital electronics separate the music from the noise, and use a compensation algorithm to modify the signal continuously.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks