1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you with Toyotas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I'm trying to see if the tow hook that comes with an MR2 is universal to other Toyotas (to see if I can reasonable expect to find one in a junkyard). If you have a Toyota, perhaps a pickup truck or something, do you know if it comes with a tow hook?

The tow hook is a hardened (darkish grey) steel that consists of two parts, the rod (threaded size M22x2.0) that is welded to the hook.

If your Toy has one, then let me know.. I really hope the Camry's have one cause then I'm sure I'd be able to find one in a junkyard, given the amount of Camrys out there...

Jay

2. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Jay, my celica has a tow hook of sorts, but it's not like the one you describe. It's a flat steel bar with an eyelet in the end where a hook/hoyst from another vehicle can be attached for towing. I have one both front and back of my car.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks Clinton.. I guess Toyota didn't do the inexpensive thing and make the part universal like you'd think they would do. Such an unglamourous piece of metal!
    Out of the 72 people who viewed this thread, only Clinton (and I) drive a Toyota?? I find that odd. [​IMG]
    Oh what a feeling!
    Jay

4. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I'm one of the 70+ lurkers, but own a Sienna. Since I've only had it since Saturday, I'm not sure it even has a tow bar..
    Plus, it's kind of an intriguing thread title, I was expecting some wild link or image... "The Monster Truck Celica" or the like.
    I'm just looking for a cheap thrill. [​IMG]

5. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
  6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hey, don't laugh about the monster truck celica, I saw a picture in a local NJ BMW CCA flyer of somebody putting some serious monster truck wheels and lifting an old 320i!! They had a picture of it in one of the newsletters. [​IMG]
    Hmmm, I'm checking out some of the Toyotas in the parking lot over here, trying to see if any of them even have an access panel on their bumpers.. My friend who knows some folks at junkyards has had no luck so far in finding one..
    Jay

7. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

I'm rollin' a '94 and an '88 Camry. In the past, I've owned a '78 Celica (fantastic car) and an '83 'rolla. Just let go of the Corolla. Damn good cars. In between the Celica and the Corolla (corolla was hand me down) I had an 83 GTI: fantastic car, when it ran. OT: My friend had an identical GTI, and his had so much more torque and power off the line it really ticked me off. Never found out what the diff was (catalytic, cam, throttle body?) His 0-30 must have been half mine. rrrggghh. He blew up the motor too. (temp gauge pegged means STOP NOW!!!!!) I'll look today and see about the tow hook.
    Old car wants: 85 supra, 80 Scirocco S. (not very likely, but nice to think about it.) My old roommate at UCF had a 77 celica that he got from his father's used car lot; it had a weber carb, headers, cam, manifold, and it hauled azz. This was in 85, long before the japanese car racing scene of today. We dusted lots of V8s in that thing. Fun as hell to drive. [​IMG]

8. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

I have a Sequoia and it has the hook.