1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you with the Samsung TXL2791F

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Fisher, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Do you all find that the screen is big enough for you? I'm really thinking about getting a 32". I just don't think that a 27" is big enough for viewing DVD's. What are your all's opinions??

2. Roel_S

Roel_S Agent

Depending on where you are putting the TV set. Generally, 27" is best viewed comfortably by 4 or 5 people. I have this TV and it looks actually bigger than my friends 27" TVs. I don't know what it is but the picture seems to be bigger. I play the NBA2k2 on my TV and the same game on my friend's 27" tv and it's like day and night.

If you are in the market for a great quality tv that provides great pictures and sounds, I definitely would buy the Samsung. Now if you are getting the 32" Flat Screen then I'd go for the 32". I could have gotten the regular 36" but I was taken by the flat screen.

3. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Anyone else have this set???

4. Greer_R

Greer_R Agent

on the 32"....anyone have or pleased with it? I assume it has all the same features...

-Greer

5. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

27" is good in a smaller space, but in larger room it can seem tiny, even with the room completely dark.

I've owned 5 TVs in 7 years: 13", 25", 31", 53" and 100" (scary eh?). What I have found is that you're always going to want something a little bigger; if 32" is the biggest TV you can fit in the space (or your wife/S.O. will allow), then go for it. Otherwise, I'd wait and move up to a 36" direct view, RPTV, or FPTV. Its tough to wait, but I could have saved thousands if I would have waited to get what I really wanted.

And IF you do decide to get rid of that Samsung 27", send me an email. I'm in the market for a second TV, and I'd be willing to drive over to AL and get it.

6. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

I just ordered one from amazon and it should arrive next week. Anyways, it will go in my small room and I will be sitting about 5 feet from it. That's not too close is it?

7. Roel_S

Roel_S Agent

John hope you will be as happy as we are with our TV. I watched it from about 7 - 10 feet and it's still a good viewing.