What's new

For those of you who ordered "The Warner Gangster Collection" off DVDEmpire.com... (1 Viewer)

Lyle H.

Stunt Coordinator
...Did you're box ship yet?

Why I am asking is, usually, Empire ships the title out the Friday before it is set to be released. However, my set did not ship out on Friday. I called up, they said they haven't recieved their stock yet, which has NEVER happened in the many orders I have placed with them. My order is still "open". On their front page, they've got it featured under "New Releases" along with AVP, Sky Captain, etc...

Why would they do this if they haven't even recieved their stock yet? It's also on their top 10 preorders.

I'm just a little worried, this is my most anticipated DVD box in a very long time, I would hate for it not to arrive this week. Hopefully you all can put me at ease, or soemthing. Thanks,

Lyle

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Lyle,
My order from Lasersedge hasn't shipped yet too because they haven't received their boxset stock from their distributor. It might be a problem for more than one etailer.

Crawdaddy

Lyle H.

Stunt Coordinator
Damn. I know none of us probably know, but do you have any idea WHEN it might ship?

Keep us updated with the status of your order. This has never happened to me before with an upcoming DVD, especially with a Warner title. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday they ship out. I have the whole week off from school except for tomorrow, so it's a shame it didn't ship on Friday when it usually does, cause I would have liked to watch it over the break. The Public Enemy is one of my favorite films of all-time, and I've also seen Little Caesar, Angels With Dirty Faces, and The Petrified Forest, all of which are great films which I like a lot. I am REALLY psyched for this box.

Thanks for the response, Rob, it put my mind at ease somewhat that it's not just my problem.

--Lyle

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Yup, DVD Soon posted my order on the 19th. But I live in Scotland, so it takes up to 7 days from Canada.

Can't wait to check it out! It has to be one of Warner's best boxed sets yet.

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
As I recall there was a delay like this when the Warners Legends Collection came out. I seem to remember that the single titles were out, but there was a slight delay in the set coming out. I can't remember the reason. Oh well, they get here when they get here.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
The last 3 Warner boxsets I ordered from DVDPlanet (Film Noir, Hitchcock and Scorsese) shipped on time or a little early. This one hasn't shipped yet. :frowning:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I have this preordered at amazon and it states "expected shipping date Jan 30"!!!:thumbsdown: :frowning:

Lyle H.

Stunt Coordinator
Cancelled my order w/ Empire, picked the set up this morning at Best Buy in Westbury, NY. They had 10 copies in the boxed set section when I went. They are charging $64.99, btw. Tower Records had 4-5 copies, at $68.99 each.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

As much as I want this boxset, it would be silly for me to pay about $20.00 more just so I can watch these dvds this week. Furthermore, I don't really have time to watch them until probably this weekend anyway, so I might as well be patient and just wait on my retailer.

Crawdaddy

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Elsewhere a fellow reports that Costco has this for $41! That's less than my amazon order even with STL. If I get a chance I'll try to get there, but with my luck amazon will go into "shipping soon" mode.

DeeF

Screenwriter
DVDEmpire has this for $52, but they didn't ship to me, so yesterday I went to Kim's (across the street) and got it for $55.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Fantastically, my wife called and was able to get me one at Costco for $40.99.

I pulled up the amazon page for my order to cancel, which still said NOT YET SHIPPED. When I clicked on the button to change the order and cancel, the next page said it was shipping soon and I couldn't cancel the bloody thing!

How typical!!!:frowning: :D

DieterW

Agent
I put a pre-order about a week ago at cd-wow and got notified today that they probably won't be able to send it before 29/01/2005. Too bad, since I was more or less hoping to have it for the weekend :frowning:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
LasersEdge orders shipped today.

It was a problem amongst a distributor that
served many e-tailer sites including Amazon
and DVDEmpire.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Mine shipped from DVDPlanet yesterday. Hoping to have it in time for a weekend marathon. The 2 Criterion Dassin titles also shipped at the same time and so I'm gonna be busy for a while.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I bought this thru DV2.com since it's 40% off and Free shipping and they too say Waiting stock. I think WB might have underestimated demand for this title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks