For those of you who ordered "The Warner Gangster Collection" off DVDEmpire.com...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Lyle H., Jan 23, 2005.

1. Lyle H.

Lyle H. Stunt Coordinator

...Did you're box ship yet?

Why I am asking is, usually, Empire ships the title out the Friday before it is set to be released. However, my set did not ship out on Friday. I called up, they said they haven't recieved their stock yet, which has NEVER happened in the many orders I have placed with them. My order is still "open". On their front page, they've got it featured under "New Releases" along with AVP, Sky Captain, etc...

Why would they do this if they haven't even recieved their stock yet? It's also on their top 10 preorders.

I'm just a little worried, this is my most anticipated DVD box in a very long time, I would hate for it not to arrive this week. Hopefully you all can put me at ease, or soemthing. Thanks,

Lyle

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Lyle,
    My order from Lasersedge hasn't shipped yet too because they haven't received their boxset stock from their distributor. It might be a problem for more than one etailer.

Crawdaddy

3. Lyle H.

Damn. I know none of us probably know, but do you have any idea WHEN it might ship?

Keep us updated with the status of your order. This has never happened to me before with an upcoming DVD, especially with a Warner title. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday they ship out. I have the whole week off from school except for tomorrow, so it's a shame it didn't ship on Friday when it usually does, cause I would have liked to watch it over the break. The Public Enemy is one of my favorite films of all-time, and I've also seen Little Caesar, Angels With Dirty Faces, and The Petrified Forest, all of which are great films which I like a lot. I am REALLY psyched for this box.

Thanks for the response, Rob, it put my mind at ease somewhat that it's not just my problem.

--Lyle

4. Charles Ms

Charles Ms Stunt Coordinator

Canadian Store DVDsoon at least has it in stock. I just got my shipment confirmation. [​IMG]

5. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Yup, DVD Soon posted my order on the 19th. But I live in Scotland, so it takes up to 7 days from Canada.

Can't wait to check it out! It has to be one of Warner's best boxed sets yet.

6. ChrisPearson

ChrisPearson Second Unit

Amazon.com hasn't shipped mine yet. As you say, Lyle, very unusual with a Warner release.

7. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    As I recall there was a delay like this when the Warners Legends Collection came out. I seem to remember that the single titles were out, but there was a slight delay in the set coming out. I can't remember the reason. Oh well, they get here when they get here.

8. Deepak Shenoy

Deepak Shenoy Supporting Actor

The last 3 Warner boxsets I ordered from DVDPlanet (Film Noir, Hitchcock and Scorsese) shipped on time or a little early. This one hasn't shipped yet. [​IMG]

9. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    I have this preordered at amazon and it states "expected shipping date Jan 30"!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Lyle H.

Cancelled my order w/ Empire, picked the set up this morning at Best Buy in Westbury, NY. They had 10 copies in the boxed set section when I went. They are charging $64.99, btw. Tower Records had 4-5 copies, at $68.99 each.

11. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

As much as I want this boxset, it would be silly for me to pay about $20.00 more just so I can watch these dvds this week. Furthermore, I don't really have time to watch them until probably this weekend anyway, so I might as well be patient and just wait on my retailer.

Crawdaddy

12. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Well at least I'm not alone.

Mine hasn't shipped either.

[​IMG]

13. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams
    Elsewhere a fellow reports that Costco has this for $41! That's less than my amazon order even with STL. If I get a chance I'll try to get there, but with my luck amazon will go into "shipping soon" mode.

14. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

DVDEmpire has this for $52, but they didn't ship to me, so yesterday I went to Kim's (across the street) and got it for $55.

15. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams
    Fantastically, my wife called and was able to get me one at Costco for $40.99.

I pulled up the amazon page for my order to cancel, which still said NOT YET SHIPPED. When I clicked on the button to change the order and cancel, the next page said it was shipping soon and I couldn't cancel the bloody thing!

How typical!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

16. DieterW

DieterW Agent

I put a pre-order about a week ago at cd-wow and got notified today that they probably won't be able to send it before 29/01/2005. Too bad, since I was more or less hoping to have it for the weekend [​IMG]

17. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    LasersEdge orders shipped today.

It was a problem amongst a distributor that
    served many e-tailer sites including Amazon
    and DVDEmpire.

18. Deepak Shenoy

Deepak Shenoy Supporting Actor

Mine shipped from DVDPlanet yesterday. Hoping to have it in time for a weekend marathon. The 2 Criterion Dassin titles also shipped at the same time and so I'm gonna be busy for a while.

19. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I bought this thru DV2.com since it's 40% off and Free shipping and they too say Waiting stock. I think WB might have underestimated demand for this title.

20. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Mine was delivered today from Amazon. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]