What's new

For those interested in flared ports... (1 Viewer)

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
I've typed up a page about tube and flared vents. It might be of interest to those (including myself) who have no source of quality flared vents such as the FP kits from Adire Audio.
The page might help builders spin/rout/carve/sand their own flared vents. I'll write a small program for the equations and post the download link on my webpage.
Link -- http://www.geocities.com/f4ier/vents.htm
Hth, corrections/questions are most welcome : )
Isaac

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator
Actually you do have a source for the exact same ports used by Adire Audio.
http://www.psp-inc.com/psp/home6.htm
I first ordered ports from them about five years ago. I have ordered some small quantities (16 ports per order) from them twice in the last month.
Nice guy to work with too.
I don't know if they will sell straight to individuals or not.
If not that's okay. They just picked up Parts Express as a distributor and they are available there. They have them advertised on their main start up page. They have them marked pretty cheaply too. They are not making much on them that's for sure.

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link :)
They're quite cheap at Parts Express! But the current exchange rate is AU$1 = US$0.52 and delivery to Australia is expensive (though I haven't actually emailed PE for delivery estimates) :frowning: :frowning:

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
Leon, it's been two days since I emailed Parts Express, no reply yet. I'll post again if they do reply :)

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
Ok for interested Australian DIYers, the 4" flared port will cost close to a total of AU$70 (!!!) to have it shipped here in Australia (assuming AU$1 = US$0.55) :frowning:
Below is a copy of the original mail from PE.
Isaac
Hello Isaac
Thank you for contacting us. We ship by Postal Airmail and
Economy Surface and shipping estimates are based on weight. I'm afraid that the shipping on this will cost more than the product itself. The estimate for Postal Airmail is $23. This includes handling and insurance, and is typically a 1-2 week delivery method. Please contact me if you have questions.
Thank you
Jennifer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks