What's new

For those dying for Cowboy Bebop: Knockin on Heaven's Door (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The new Metropolis disc contains a trailer, looks like Columbia has it. No other info on release date or anything.

Chris Sypal

Stunt Coordinator
Well Metropolis is on March 12th, but I bet you are talking about Bebop. The only concrete details on its release over here is that Columbia will be releasing it theatrically. No info on who will be behind the translation/dubbing, no release info, no DVD info.

Anyway, for those truly dying for the movie, it was just released in Japan today (the 25th).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
yes, I thought the title would explain that, sorry if it isn't more clear
These people don't speak Japanese though, and want the US version. My friend has DVD Subber all ready to run when this puppy shows up in the next couple days so we can finally watch it ;)
(DVD Subber is a program you can run on an HTPC that will superimpose a pretimed subtitle script onto a DVD as you watch it)

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
I just hope they make the effort to get the English voice actors from the TV series.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Thanks for the heads, up, Jeff! :)
I am anxiously awaiting this one, although interestingly enough, I know very little about the timeline in which in takes place (somewhere in the middle of the series?).
I have never heard the dub (although i'm sure it's perfectly fine) but as long as there's a Japanese w/English subtitle track I'll be happy.
Joseph

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
I just hope they make the effort to get the English voice actors from the TV series.
As far as I know, and I have yet to hear anything to the contrary, the dub cast was called back to reprise their roles. Well, at least the major VA's were.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
The timeline of the Bebop movie takes place between episode 22 & 23. That should give you some heads-up. :) And the movie is 2 hours long (or just a tad over it). Yes, it's long for an animated movie.

Users who are viewing this thread