For those dying for Cowboy Bebop: Knockin on Heaven's Door

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The new Metropolis disc contains a trailer, looks like Columbia has it. No other info on release date or anything.

2. Chris Sypal

Chris Sypal Stunt Coordinator

Well Metropolis is on March 12th, but I bet you are talking about Bebop. The only concrete details on its release over here is that Columbia will be releasing it theatrically. No info on who will be behind the translation/dubbing, no release info, no DVD info.

Anyway, for those truly dying for the movie, it was just released in Japan today (the 25th).

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

yes, I thought the title would explain that, sorry if it isn't more clear
    These people don't speak Japanese though, and want the US version. My friend has DVD Subber all ready to run when this puppy shows up in the next couple days so we can finally watch it [​IMG]
    (DVD Subber is a program you can run on an HTPC that will superimpose a pretimed subtitle script onto a DVD as you watch it)

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Well, Jeff, guess you were right about Sony getting the rights to the movie.

5. Jose Q

Jose Q Stunt Coordinator

I just hope they make the effort to get the English voice actors from the TV series.

6. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Thanks for the heads, up, Jeff! [​IMG]
    I am anxiously awaiting this one, although interestingly enough, I know very little about the timeline in which in takes place (somewhere in the middle of the series?).
    I have never heard the dub (although i'm sure it's perfectly fine) but as long as there's a Japanese w/English subtitle track I'll be happy.
    Joseph

7. Joe_C

Joe_C Supporting Actor

8. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

The timeline of the Bebop movie takes place between episode 22 & 23. That should give you some heads-up. [​IMG] And the movie is 2 hours long (or just a tad over it). Yes, it's long for an animated movie.