What's new

For the Billionth time Colmbia screws the pooch, Karate Kid SE but in box set ONLY (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
When it comes to Family Films released recently, Columbia's track record is horrible. Remember Matilda? It was supposed to be re-released as a SE earlier this year. Guess what? It's released specs included a full-frame transfer, which we already had. Of course, due to all the backlash the studio got from members, it was postponed. I think that is why some of us are sceptical on if Karate Kid will get an OAR transfer.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
People can complain all they want about being released in a boxed set, but when you're complaining and boycotting, I'll be watching the original movie (provided its widescreen).

I find it funny though, that they are giving names to commentary tracks now! :D

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Must have the original. Great to have Part 2. Don't mind having Part 3.

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch "Next" again. :)

However, I bought the SUPERMAN box set, so if I own Superman 4, I can own anything. :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
:angry: :angry: :angry: How can Martin Cove not be on the commentary , ah well, as long as the price is right I'll go in for this. The sequels are some of the best unintentional comedy that money can buy.

Somebody get him a body bag

Britton

Screenwriter
I posted a link to this hilarious Karate Kid article by Bill Simmons from espn.com at the dvdtalk forums. Great, great stuff. If the new KK is anamorphic, I'll get this set. I enjoyed Part II enough and Part III is comedy gold. I can tolerate having Next if it means I own the Larusso trilogy.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
How much is this set gonna be?

I'm really only interested in the first one, but if it's a fair price (under $40) than I'll grab it. You can't bitch to much if it works out to $10 disc. I didn't like the idea of buying Robocop 3 this summer to get the uncut Robocop, but I got the whole set for $22, so why complain?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Columbia "screws the pooch"? I thought the pooch had higher standards than doing it with an 80-year-old weirdo who's had facelifts in 1981 and 1993.

Eric F

Screenwriter
SHO-HD and STARZ-HD have both been running a decent OAR transfer of KK1 the past month or so. That's enough for me.:)

I vaguely recall seeing KK3, but can't remember a single thing about it. Maybe I'm better off...

SteveCallas

Second Unit
I don't understand why The Next Karate Kid would even be included in this set. I would definitely be interested in part 2, and part 3 isn't that bad, but NKK has nothing to do with the other movies besides a small role by Pat. I think I will also hold out for seperate releases.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Small role? How does the leading actor get a small role?

I never thought that they'd be sick enough to offer this only as a set. I want a discount because I already have the OAR's, and only need the first one.

Glenn

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
The Karate Kid is on my top ten list of greatest movies of all time and I will gladly pay the price for a boxed set and give away my current copies if we get a widescreen version of the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks